Wireless Networking - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Networking - Wireless ; I currently have two desktop computers and one laptop. On one of the desktop computers and on the laptop i am running windows xp home edition while on the other desktop i am running vista home premium. I have a ...

  1. Wireless Networking

    I currently have two desktop computers and one laptop. On one of the desktop
    computers and on the laptop i am running windows xp home edition while on the
    other desktop i am running vista home premium. I have a network that delivers
    an internect connection throughout my house and the computers running xp are
    both connected wirelessly while the vista is connected straight to the router
    by an ethernet cable. Is it possible to share files between them if so what
    do i need and how do i do it. Each machine has a different account with no
    password.

  2. RE: Wireless Networking

    "Michael J" wrote:

    > I currently have two desktop computers and one laptop. On one of the desktop
    > computers and on the laptop i am running windows xp home edition while on the
    > other desktop i am running vista home premium. I have a network that delivers
    > an internect connection throughout my house and the computers running xp are
    > both connected wirelessly while the vista is connected straight to the router
    > by an ethernet cable. Is it possible to share files between them if so what
    > do i need and how do i do it. Each machine has a different account with no
    > password.

    I think the best way to start is to read tihs page on Vista file sharing
    (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx) and this
    document on XP file sharing
    (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en).

    They should provide the information on getting file sharing working on your
    network. If you have any questions or problems, just let us know and I'm
    sure someone will help you.

  3. Re: Wireless Networking

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Michael J" J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I currently have two desktop computers and one laptop. On one of the
    >desktop
    > computers and on the laptop i am running windows xp home edition while on
    > the
    > other desktop i am running vista home premium. I have a network that
    > delivers
    > an internect connection throughout my house and the computers running xp
    > are
    > both connected wirelessly while the vista is connected straight to the
    > router
    > by an ethernet cable. Is it possible to share files between them if so
    > what
    > do i need and how do i do it. Each machine has a different account with no
    > password.

  4. Re: Wireless Networking

    thanks

+ Reply to Thread