laptop not printing - Wireless

This is a discussion on laptop not printing - Wireless ; I am no genius with this stuff. someone else set up my home wireless network and I tried to change the name of the host computer and it has ruined my wireless connection to the printer. I can't print off ...

  1. laptop not printing

    I am no genius with this stuff. someone else set up my home wireless network
    and I tried to change the name of the host computer and it has ruined my
    wireless connection to the printer. I can't print off of my notebook. the
    desktop is the host computer. printing is paused. both are running windows
    xp. what can i do? i am desperate for help.
    --
    Thank you for your help.

    mjmidige

  2. Re: laptop not printing

    Mjmidgie wrote:
    > I am no genius with this stuff. someone else set up my home wireless network
    > and I tried to change the name of the host computer and it has ruined my
    > wireless connection to the printer. I can't print off of my notebook. the
    > desktop is the host computer. printing is paused. both are running windows
    > xp. what can i do? i am desperate for help.

    Help us to help you.

    - Describe exactly what you did to try to change the name of your
    desktop, as well as what happens when you try to connect your laptop to
    your wireless network.

    - What version of Win XP on each computer: Home or Pro or Media Center
    Edition, and have you updated all computers to Service Pack 2?

    - Can your laptop access the Internet over your wireless network?

    - Is the printer connected to the host computer or is it connected to
    the wireless network in some other way?

    - On the laptop, go to Printers and Faxes and double-click on the icon
    for your printer. I assume that you see one or more print jobs in the
    window that opens up. What happens if you highlight one of these
    entries, click on the "Document" menu, and then click on "Resume" or
    "Restart"? Please copy any error message as exactly as you can.

    - Do you have a wireless router, and if so, what's its make and model?

    - Can you print OK from the desktop (to the same printer)?

+ Reply to Thread