Wireless LAN Speed - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless LAN Speed - Wireless ; I have two P4s running XP linked with 108Mbps wireless NICs and 108 Mpbsrouter. The Internet download speed is fine and what I expect. LAN transfer speed is about 5mbps or 5%. Can I increase this, or, what's the choke ...

  1. Wireless LAN Speed

    I have two P4s running XP linked with 108Mbps wireless NICs and 108
    Mpbsrouter. The Internet download speed is fine and what I expect. LAN
    transfer speed is about 5mbps or 5%. Can I increase this, or, what's the
    choke point?

  2. Re: Wireless LAN Speed

    "cyberswine" wrote in message
    >I have two P4s running XP linked with 108Mbps wireless NICs and 108
    > Mpbsrouter. The Internet download speed is fine and what I expect. LAN
    > transfer speed is about 5mbps or 5%. Can I increase this, or, what's the
    > choke point?

    how did you measure the lan transfer speed?

  3. Re: Wireless LAN Speed

    "Dave" wrote:

    > "cyberswine" wrote in message
    > >I have two P4s running XP linked with 108Mbps wireless NICs and 108
    > > Mpbsrouter. The Internet download speed is fine and what I expect. LAN
    > > transfer speed is about 5mbps or 5%. Can I increase this, or, what's the
    > > choke point?

    > how did you measure the lan transfer speed?
    >

    > through Task Manager Networking tab.

  4. Re: Wireless LAN Speed

    Hi
    As a frame of reference, http://www.ezlan.net/net_speed.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "cyberswine" wrote in message
    >I have two P4s running XP linked with 108Mbps wireless NICs and 108
    > Mpbsrouter. The Internet download speed is fine and what I expect. LAN
    > transfer speed is about 5mbps or 5%. Can I increase this, or, what's the
    > choke point?

  5. Re: Wireless LAN Speed

    > "Dave" wrote:
    >

    >> "cyberswine" wrote in message
    >> >I have two P4s running XP linked with 108Mbps wireless NICs and 108
    >> > Mpbsrouter. The Internet download speed is fine and what I expect.
    >> > LAN
    >> > transfer speed is about 5mbps or 5%. Can I increase this, or, what's
    >> > the
    >> > choke point?

    >> how did you measure the lan transfer speed?
    >>

    >> through Task Manager Networking tab.

    what were you doing when you measured it?? ftp, http, copying a file with
    windows explorer???

  6. Re: Wireless LAN Speed

    Good evening all,

    I'm hoping this is a simple problem, with just a configuration wrong
    somewhere.

    XP Pro SP2
    D-Link WBR-2310 router to an ADSL modem
    D-Link WUA-2340 USB adaptor

    My wireless hookup performs flawlessly as long as there is *no* encryption
    running, but as I climb the encryption ladder from least to most secure,my
    connectivity suffers tremendously. I might lose the connection and re-gain
    it multiple times in only 15-20 minutes. Signal strength is considered
    "excellent", and Netstumbler consistently lists it at
    -52 to-55dBm.. Any ideas why I'm not able to maintain a consistent
    connection except w/o encryption?

    My TIA,

    Curt

    --

    Windows Support Center
    www.aumha.org

    | Hi
    | As a frame of reference, http://www.ezlan.net/net_speed.html
    | Jack (MVP-Networking).
    |
    | "cyberswine" wrote in message
    | >I have two P4s running XP linked with 108Mbps wireless NICs and 108
    | > Mpbsrouter. The Internet download speed is fine and what I expect.
    LAN
    | > transfer speed is about 5mbps or 5%. Can I increase this, or, what's
    the
    | > choke point?

  7. Re: Wireless LAN Speed

    My apologies...the above post was *not* meant to be piggy-backed on another
    post. Please ignore, and I will re-post.

    --
    HTH,