Linksys router-N and Notebook adapter N - Wireless

This is a discussion on Linksys router-N and Notebook adapter N - Wireless ; I have a Gateway pc. approx 4 yrs old. It has a built in wireless 802G. I bought a wireless Linksys N router & wireless cardbus N. I can't get it to work. When I installed both, Linksys sees my ...

  1. Linksys router-N and Notebook adapter N

    I have a Gateway pc. approx 4 yrs old. It has a built in wireless 802G. I
    bought a wireless Linksys N router & wireless cardbus N. I can't get it to
    work. When I installed both, Linksys sees my router and card but windows
    does not see any wireless networks. I installed the PSK2 for better
    protection. Somehow the Radio icon in my system tray activated, an it shows
    the linksys name also. In my netwrk places it shows that the gateway 802 is
    diabled, shows my linksys card N as not connected. Can someone help me get
    this to work.
    --
    Appreciate your help !!!
    Thank you

  2. Re: Linksys router-N and Notebook adapter N

    Post the result of ipconfig /all here may help. Or this link may help,

    How to fix wireless connection issues
    http://www.wifimvp.com/wireless.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "DC" wrote in message news:C967438F-D8E1-489B-A228-601045EC4D37@microsoft.com...
    I have a Gateway pc. approx 4 yrs old. It has a built in wireless 802G. I
    bought a wireless Linksys N router & wireless cardbus N. I can't get it to
    work. When I installed both, Linksys sees my router and card but windows
    does not see any wireless networks. I installed the PSK2 for better
    protection. Somehow the Radio icon in my system tray activated, an it shows
    the linksys name also. In my netwrk places it shows that the gateway 802 is
    diabled, shows my linksys card N as not connected. Can someone help me get
    this to work.
    --
    Appreciate your help !!!
    Thank you