How to connect two computers with a mobile phone - Wireless

This is a discussion on How to connect two computers with a mobile phone - Wireless ; Hi, In my work I usually have to connect my PC to a computer onboard on a train through the phone line and update the train computer. Now I wish to do the same thing by means of a mobile ...

  1. How to connect two computers with a mobile phone

    Hi,
    In my work I usually have to connect my PC to a computer onboard on a train
    through the phone line and update the train computer.

    Now I wish to do the same thing by means of a mobile phone in stead of the
    phone line. But I don't know how to do this. I have tried to create a
    dial-up-networking connection in Win XP SP 2 and forcing the connected
    mobile phone to dial up . without success. Windows says that it is possible
    if you have a Bluetooth connection between the PC and the mobile phone and I
    have it but I can't manage this anyhow. Besides, it prefer to do this by
    connecting the PC and the mobile phone with data cable (USB, .). How can I
    do this, please help.

    Best regards
    M Shafaat

  2. Re: How to connect two computers with a mobile phone

    Hi
    Mobile phone can not be used as the provider of a Dialup line unless your
    Mobile phone provides such a service.
    The connection to the PC would depends on the nature of the service that is
    provided it might be that you need a special cable connecting it to the
    Dialup modem in the computer.
    Contact your Wireless phone provider and find out what is the nature of the
    service that they are providing.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "M Shafaat" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > In my work I usually have to connect my PC to a computer onboard on a
    > train through the phone line and update the train computer.
    >

    > Now I wish to do the same thing by means of a mobile phone in stead of the
    > phone line. But I don't know how to do this. I have tried to create a
    > dial-up-networking connection in Win XP SP 2 and forcing the connected
    > mobile phone to dial up . without success. Windows says that it is
    > possible if you have a Bluetooth connection between the PC and the mobile
    > phone and I have it but I can't manage this anyhow. Besides, it prefer to
    > do this by connecting the PC and the mobile phone with data cable (USB,
    > .). How can I do this, please help.
    >

    > Best regards
    > M Shafaat

+ Reply to Thread