Linksys G3 Wireless router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Linksys G3 Wireless router - Wireless ; I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I ...

  1. Linksys G3 Wireless router

    I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
    connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
    connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?

  2. Re: Linksys G3 Wireless router

    BK wrote:
    > I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
    > connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
    > connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?

    Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop.

    See http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Although the "How to compose your post" advice does say to be concise,
    it doesn't mean to leave out all the details.

    BTW, do you have a WRT54G3G-ST? Or is there something else that you are
    referring to as a "Linksys G3"?

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

  3. Re: Linksys G3 Wireless router

    "Lem" wrote:

    > BK wrote:
    > > I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
    > > connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
    > > connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?

    > Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop.
    >
    > See http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > Although the "How to compose your post" advice does say to be concise,
    > it doesn't mean to leave out all the details.
    >
    > BTW, do you have a WRT54G3G-ST? Or is there something else that you are
    > referring to as a "Linksys G3"?
    >
    > --
    > Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    Sorry I was so brief. I have been accused of building a watch when asked
    for the time. Yes the Linksys Router is WRT54G3G-ST. I have updated the
    firmware to 2.009, which supports the PC 5750 datacard.

  4. Re: Linksys G3 Wireless router

    BK wrote:

    > "Lem" wrote:
    >
    >> BK wrote:
    >>> I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
    >>> connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
    >>> connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?

    >> Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop.
    >>
    >> See http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>
    >> Although the "How to compose your post" advice does say to be concise,
    >> it doesn't mean to leave out all the details.
    >>
    >> BTW, do you have a WRT54G3G-ST? Or is there something else that you are
    >> referring to as a "Linksys G3"?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking
    >>
    >> To the moon and back with 64 Kbits of RAM and 512 Kbits of ROM.

    > Sorry I was so brief. I have been accused of building a watch when asked
    > for the time. Yes the Linksys Router is WRT54G3G-ST. I have updated the
    > firmware to 2.009, which supports the PC 5750 datacard.

    Let's try for a sundial

    What did you do to "set up" the router and your computer?

    What happens when you try to connect wirelessly?

    Can you see your wireless network from a screen that looks like this:
    http://screenshots.modemhelp.net/scr...ks/Index.shtml

    This, from MVP Jack, may help: http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking