XP home firewall blocking wireless connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on XP home firewall blocking wireless connection - Wireless ; Hi all, I am trying to configure a Realtek 8139 wireless adapter to run in adhoc mode, but I cant get the windows firewall to accept the connection. I have added the Realtek program to the exceptions, and have unticked ...

  1. XP home firewall blocking wireless connection

    Hi all,

    I am trying to configure a Realtek 8139 wireless adapter to run in adhoc
    mode, but I cant get the windows firewall to accept the connection. I have
    added the Realtek program to the exceptions, and have unticked the don't
    allow exceptions box.

    The card is working, as I can see a local wireless access point.

    Any suggestions to try anyone?

    Steve

  2. Re: XP home firewall blocking wireless connection

    Hi
    What makes thinking that the Firewall is blocking the Wireless.
    If you use the Realtek Utility do Not use Windows Wireless Zero
    Configuration, and vice versa.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Steve" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to configure a Realtek 8139 wireless adapter to run in adhoc
    > mode, but I cant get the windows firewall to accept the connection. I have
    > added the Realtek program to the exceptions, and have unticked the don't
    > allow exceptions box.
    >
    > The card is working, as I can see a local wireless access point.
    >
    > Any suggestions to try anyone?
    >
    > Steve

+ Reply to Thread