Wireless Cable Router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Cable Router - Wireless ; I have a Dynamode Broadband router connected to an XP PC by ethernet and Vista connected by Wi-Fi to a laptop. The broadband sharing works fine but I have just spent all day trying to get the PC to talk ...

  1. Wireless Cable Router

    I have a Dynamode Broadband router connected to an XP PC by ethernet and
    Vista connected by Wi-Fi to a laptop.
    The broadband sharing works fine but I have just spent all day trying to get
    the PC to talk to the Laptop and vice versa for printer and file sharing and
    just cannot get anything working. The documentation I have got is abysmal!.
    Can anyone give me a lead as to what I should do in what order?

  2. Re: Wireless Cable Router

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message
    >I have a Dynamode Broadband router connected to an XP PC by ethernet and
    >Vista connected by Wi-Fi to a laptop.
    > The broadband sharing works fine but I have just spent all day trying to
    > get the PC to talk to the Laptop and vice versa for printer and file
    > sharing and just cannot get anything working. The documentation I have
    > got is abysmal!. Can anyone give me a lead as to what I should do in what
    > order?

+ Reply to Thread