IE Selective URL Address Routing - Wireless

This is a discussion on IE Selective URL Address Routing - Wireless ; I have a shared-access net in place with the internet being accessed by a wireless adapter to a local WIFI service. With my router reset, I can access it's setup page by entering the page address in IE. But, I ...

  1. IE Selective URL Address Routing

    I have a shared-access net in place with the internet being accessed by a
    wireless adapter to a local WIFI service. With my router reset, I can
    access it's setup page by entering the page address in IE. But, I can't
    select multiple parameters because each selection calls for an "apply" and
    after the first "apply", I can no longer access the setup page because the
    router becomes installed and entering the address now takes me out on the
    internet.

    Is there any way to address the router setup page after the router is
    installed - someway to tell IE to send the address thru the LAN connection
    rather than the WIFI one?

    TIA.

    John Williams

  2. Re: IE Selective URL Address Routing

    You're not supposed to use the WiFi side of it to do the configureation.
    You are supposed to use the wired side for that.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Understanding the ISA 2004 Access Rule Processing
    http://www.isaserver.org/articles/IS...cessRules.html

    Troubleshooting Client Authentication on Access Rules in ISA Server 2004
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...7/ts_rules.doc

    Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Partners
    http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners/default.asp

    Microsoft ISA Server Partners: Partner Hardware Solutions
    http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/e...epartners.mspx
    "John Williams" wrote in message
    news:NBspi.10193$rR.9980@newsread2.news.pas.earthl ink.net...
    >I have a shared-access net in place with the internet being accessed by a
    > wireless adapter to a local WIFI service. With my router reset, I can
    > access it's setup page by entering the page address in IE. But, I can't
    > select multiple parameters because each selection calls for an "apply" and
    > after the first "apply", I can no longer access the setup page because the
    > router becomes installed and entering the address now takes me out on the
    > internet.
    >
    > Is there any way to address the router setup page after the router is
    > installed - someway to tell IE to send the address thru the LAN connection
    > rather than the WIFI one?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > John Williams

  3. Re: IE Selective URL Address Routing

    Hi
    Can I use all the computer as Wireless with No Wired computer? -
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#onewire
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "John Williams" wrote in message
    news:NBspi.10193$rR.9980@newsread2.news.pas.earthl ink.net...
    >I have a shared-access net in place with the internet being accessed by a
    > wireless adapter to a local WIFI service. With my router reset, I can
    > access it's setup page by entering the page address in IE. But, I can't
    > select multiple parameters because each selection calls for an "apply" and
    > after the first "apply", I can no longer access the setup page because the
    > router becomes installed and entering the address now takes me out on the
    > internet.
    >
    > Is there any way to address the router setup page after the router is
    > installed - someway to tell IE to send the address thru the LAN connection
    > rather than the WIFI one?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > John Williams

  4. Re: IE Selective URL Address Routing

    John Williams wrote:
    > I have a shared-access net in place with the internet being accessed by a
    > wireless adapter to a local WIFI service. With my router reset, I can
    > access it's setup page by entering the page address in IE. But, I can't
    > select multiple parameters because each selection calls for an "apply" and
    > after the first "apply", I can no longer access the setup page because the
    > router becomes installed and entering the address now takes me out on the
    > internet.
    >
    > Is there any way to address the router setup page after the router is
    > installed - someway to tell IE to send the address thru the LAN connection
    > rather than the WIFI one?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > John Williams

    There is something missing from your description of how your system is
    connected together.

    If following the advice from Phillip and Jack doesn't solve your
    problem, please explain what is connected to what and how.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

  5. Re: IE Selective URL Address Routing

    BTW - My comment isn't meant to be an "absolute",..it is just a common-sense
    thing.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    "Phillip Windell" wrote in message
    > You're not supposed to use the WiFi side of it to do the configureation.
    > You are supposed to use the wired side for that.

+ Reply to Thread