Why is this Internet Connection Status in my System Tray - Wireless

This is a discussion on Why is this Internet Connection Status in my System Tray - Wireless ; This first appeared after I had installed a download manager called Flashget; I think it tried to install some kind of torrent. I uninstalled Flashget. What I have is a community based wireless highspeed internet connection. There's a 'radio' on ...

  1. Why is this Internet Connection Status in my System Tray

    This first appeared after I had installed a download manager called Flashget;
    I think it tried to install some kind of torrent. I uninstalled Flashget.

    What I have is a community based wireless highspeed internet connection.
    There's a 'radio' on the roof cabled to a Linksys router. The router sends
    the signal to my laptop which is using a Linksys Wireless-G USB Network
    Adapter with RangeBooster.

    If I click on 'disable' in that dialog it kills my connection to the
    'radio', which is referred to as a CB3. This is not the Internet connection
    thingy in the system tray. Please see this link for images.

    http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...rent=inet3.jpg

    Thanks in advance
    --
    You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.
    --

  2. Re: Why is this Internet Connection Status in my System Tray

    Hi
    This Icon is generated by something that is probably loaded at Start Up and
    maintains a running Process.
    Try to find what is it and than use a search to find how to get rid of it.
    These two free utilities would help,
    http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Hooligan" wrote in message
    > This first appeared after I had installed a download manager called
    > Flashget;
    > I think it tried to install some kind of torrent. I uninstalled Flashget.
    >
    > What I have is a community based wireless highspeed internet connection.
    > There's a 'radio' on the roof cabled to a Linksys router. The router sends
    > the signal to my laptop which is using a Linksys Wireless-G USB Network
    > Adapter with RangeBooster.
    >
    > If I click on 'disable' in that dialog it kills my connection to the
    > 'radio', which is referred to as a CB3. This is not the Internet
    > connection
    > thingy in the system tray. Please see this link for images.
    >
    > http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...rent=inet3.jpg
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    > --
    > You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't
    > help.
    > --
    > You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't
    > help.

  3. Re: Why is this Internet Connection Status in my System Tray

    It was the Universal Plug and Play Device Host, SSDP Discovery Service

    Disabled it and things are as they were.

    --

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > This Icon is generated by something that is probably loaded at Start Up and
    > maintains a running Process.
    > Try to find what is it and than use a search to find how to get rid of it.
    > These two free utilities would help,
    > http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Hooligan" wrote in message
    > > This first appeared after I had installed a download manager called
    > > Flashget;
    > > I think it tried to install some kind of torrent. I uninstalled Flashget.
    > >
    > > What I have is a community based wireless highspeed internet connection.
    > > There's a 'radio' on the roof cabled to a Linksys router. The router sends
    > > the signal to my laptop which is using a Linksys Wireless-G USB Network
    > > Adapter with RangeBooster.
    > >
    > > If I click on 'disable' in that dialog it kills my connection to the
    > > 'radio', which is referred to as a CB3. This is not the Internet
    > > connection
    > > thingy in the system tray. Please see this link for images.
    > >
    > > http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...rent=inet3.jpg
    > >

    > > Thanks in advance
    > > --
    > > You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't
    > > help.
    > > --
    > > You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't
    > > help.

+ Reply to Thread