Wireless Zero Configuration keeps stopping after installation of BTBusiness Hub. - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Zero Configuration keeps stopping after installation of BTBusiness Hub. - Wireless ; Hi, I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows XP SP2. When I am in the office, it connects to our network using a Belkin wireless router. It's worked fine for 12 months. However, last week I had a BTBusiness ...

  1. Wireless Zero Configuration keeps stopping after installation of BTBusiness Hub.

    Hi,
    I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows XP SP2. When I am in the
    office, it connects to our network using a Belkin wireless router.
    It's worked fine for 12 months.

    However, last week I had a BTBusiness hub installed at home, and I set
    it up to use wireless, which worked fine all weekend. The problem is,
    now when I come into work, I can't get onto the network. The wireless
    connection keeps dropping. I have checked in services, and it seems
    that although Wireless Zero Configuration is set to automatic startup,
    and although I can also start it manually, after about a minute it
    stops. In the short period whilst WZC is running I can get onto the
    network fine.

    It's almost as if something is conflicting with WZC and making it
    stop. I can't see anything obvious. I wondered if anybody here had
    experienced anything similar and could offer a solution?

    Thanks for any help

    Colin

  2. Re: Wireless Zero Configuration keeps stopping after installation of BTBusiness Hub.

    On 23 Jul, 14:36, Bobby wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows XP SP2. When I am in the
    > office, it connects to our network using a Belkin wireless router.
    > It's worked fine for 12 months.
    >
    > However, last week I had a BTBusiness hub installed at home, and I set
    > it up to use wireless, which worked fine all weekend. The problem is,
    > now when I come into work, I can't get onto the network. The wireless
    > connection keeps dropping. I have checked in services, and it seems
    > that although Wireless Zero Configuration is set to automatic startup,
    > and although I can also start it manually, after about a minute it
    > stops. In the short period whilst WZC is running I can get onto the
    > network fine.
    >
    > It's almost as if something is conflicting with WZC and making it
    > stop. I can't see anything obvious. I wondered if anybody here had
    > experienced anything similar and could offer a solution?
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > Colin

    A bit more information. I went into MSCONFIG (from Run), clicked on
    the services tab, hid all Microsoft services and found "Wireless
    Adaptor Configurator" from Tech Mahindra. I disabled this and WZC now
    works fine and does not stop. So found the culprit.

    However, further research has disclosed that this has indeed been
    installed by the BTBusinessHub. So, does this mean that when I get
    home, my home wireless connection will not work until I re-enable the
    "Wireless Adaptor Configurator"? Or will it continue to work through
    WZC?

    Thanks aagain for any help or advice,

    Colin

  3. Re: Wireless Zero Configuration keeps stopping after installation of BTBusiness Hub.

    it should work fine. you should not need any additional software to
    use the wireless.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP