mn-700 wireless base station - Wireless

This is a discussion on mn-700 wireless base station - Wireless ; How do connect the base station to my laptop if the ethernet port does not work anymore. I currently have a laptop w/wireless pc card, mn-700 router, and a desktop connected by modem. I also just bought a usb network ...

  1. mn-700 wireless base station

    How do connect the base station to my laptop if the ethernet port does not
    work anymore. I currently have a laptop w/wireless pc card, mn-700 router,
    and a desktop connected by modem. I also just bought a usb network adapter
    and still have had no luck connecting to anything. I get the signal strength
    but no connection.

  2. Re: mn-700 wireless base station

    what security is the MN700 using? have you configured security on
    the USB wireless adapter? this is a little confusing as you mention
    the laptop has a wireless pc card but that the ethernet stopped
    working. what computer has what wireless NIC? which ethernet port is
    not working?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  3. Re: mn-700 wireless base station

    Hi
    If you can not connect to the base station with a wire and the Wireless does
    not connect either.
    You can try to Hard reset the device to default and try the Wireless again
    (security is off), may be you would be lucky.
    Otherwise new Wireless Routers can be found in the USA on sale for less than
    $25.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Jim" wrote in message
    > How do connect the base station to my laptop if the ethernet port does not
    > work anymore. I currently have a laptop w/wireless pc card, mn-700
    > router,
    > and a desktop connected by modem. I also just bought a usb network adapter
    > and still have had no luck connecting to anything. I get the signal
    > strength
    > but no connection.

+ Reply to Thread