Wireless connected but no internet - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless connected but no internet - Wireless ; Running XP home with Netgear wireless router. When machine boots up, router shows excellent signal strength. I can ping the router and my ISP dns address ok but when I open IE6 it says no internet connection. If I try ...

  1. Wireless connected but no internet

    Running XP home with Netgear wireless router. When machine boots up, router
    shows excellent signal strength. I can ping the router and my ISP dns
    address ok but when I open IE6 it says no internet connection. If I try
    another prog, ie, getting updates for Spybot, there is no connection. If I
    go to IE6 and click "try again" I then get a connection and everything is ok
    until I reboot the machine when I loose everything and start again! Any
    ideas gratefully received!

  2. Re: Wireless connected but no internet

    What DNS server is your machine configured to use?

    --
    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr, MVP

    "hmburg52" wrote in message
    > Running XP home with Netgear wireless router. When machine boots up,
    > router
    > shows excellent signal strength. I can ping the router and my ISP dns
    > address ok but when I open IE6 it says no internet connection. If I try
    > another prog, ie, getting updates for Spybot, there is no connection. If
    > go to IE6 and click "try again" I then get a connection and everything is
    > ok
    > until I reboot the machine when I loose everything and start again! Any
    > ideas gratefully received!

+ Reply to Thread