Cannot Connect to Internet - Wireless

This is a discussion on Cannot Connect to Internet - Wireless ; I have an old PC given by a friend. I installed a D-link wireless network adapter(D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G122 WirelessUSB adapter) and am able to connect to a network. Wireless Internet Connection is enabled. But I can't seem to connect ...

  1. Cannot Connect to Internet

    I have an old PC given by a friend. I installed a D-link wireless network
    adapter(D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G122 WirelessUSB adapter) and am able to connect
    to a network. Wireless Internet Connection is enabled. But I can't seem to
    connect to the internet. Can anybody please help me figure out why.

    PC is about 5-6 years old.
    P4 CPU
    2 Ghz
    512 MB RAM

  2. Re: Cannot Connect to Internet

    what operating system?
    what drivers for the G122?
    what router ?
    what kind of firmware?
    what IP address does the computer have?
    what kind of wireless security is used?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  3. Re: Cannot Connect to Internet

    Hi
    What is the Network that you are connected to and it is configured?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "jun71713" wrote in message
    >I have an old PC given by a friend. I installed a D-link wireless network
    > adapter(D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G122 WirelessUSB adapter) and am able to
    > connect
    > to a network. Wireless Internet Connection is enabled. But I can't seem to
    > connect to the internet. Can anybody please help me figure out why.
    >
    > PC is about 5-6 years old.
    > P4 CPU
    > 2 Ghz
    > 512 MB RAM