my xp pro pc can't see my new vista pc - Wireless

This is a discussion on my xp pro pc can't see my new vista pc - Wireless ; i recently got a new pc running vista home premium and it can see my xp computer just fine my xp computer connected to the network wirelessly cannot see my vista pc at all i can't figure out what the ...

  1. my xp pro pc can't see my new vista pc

    i recently got a new pc running vista home premium and it can see my xp
    computer just fine my xp computer connected to the network wirelessly cannot
    see my vista pc at all i can't figure out what the hell to do

    thanks for any help
    cory

  2. RE: my xp pro pc can't see my new vista pc

    there is a download u need to install in xp to have it reconize vista
    search this >>>WindowsXP-KB922120-v5-x86-ENU
    "cory" wrote:

    > i recently got a new pc running vista home premium and it can see my xp
    > computer just fine my xp computer connected to the network wirelessly cannot
    > see my vista pc at all i can't figure out what the hell to do
    >
    > thanks for any help
    > cory

  3. RE: my xp pro pc can't see my new vista pc

    i have already downloaded the lltp protocol but i still can't see my vista
    computer as a workgroup computer
    thanks
    cory

    "djcazaman" wrote:

    > there is a download u need to install in xp to have it reconize vista
    > search this >>>WindowsXP-KB922120-v5-x86-ENU
    > "cory" wrote:
    >
    > > i recently got a new pc running vista home premium and it can see my xp
    > > computer just fine my xp computer connected to the network wirelessly cannot
    > > see my vista pc at all i can't figure out what the hell to do
    > >
    > > thanks for any help
    > > cory

  4. Re: my xp pro pc can't see my new vista pc

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "cory" wrote in message
    >i recently got a new pc running vista home premium and it can see my xp
    > computer just fine my xp computer connected to the network wirelessly
    > cannot
    > see my vista pc at all i can't figure out what the hell to do
    >
    > thanks for any help
    > cory

  5. Re: my xp pro pc can't see my new vista pc

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:18:02 -0700, cory
    wrote:

    >i recently got a new pc running vista home premium and it can see my xp
    >computer just fine my xp computer connected to the network wirelessly cannot
    >see my vista pc at all i can't figure out what the hell to do

    I had the same problem and in the end it came down to ensuring that
    both machines were in the *same* workgroup.

    Steve.

  6. Re: my xp pro pc can't see my new vista pc

    "cory" wrote in message
    >i recently got a new pc running vista home premium and it can see my xp
    > computer just fine my xp computer connected to the network wirelessly
    > cannot
    > see my vista pc at all i can't figure out what the hell to do
    >
    > thanks for any help
    > cory

    Can you type \\yourvistacomputernamehere and access the machine?
    if not you likely have firewall problems..
    If so make sure both machines are in the same workgroup.

    Adair

+ Reply to Thread