Bootup Error - Wireless

This is a discussion on Bootup Error - Wireless ; I have Windows XP SP2 on my eMachine T1105. This machine is on my wireless network (2 computers). Everything was fine until recently when on a bootup I got this warning: Bus: 01, Device: OD, Function: 0. Press F1 to ...

  1. Bootup Error

    I have Windows XP SP2 on my eMachine T1105. This machine is on my wireless
    network (2 computers). Everything was fine until recently when on a bootup I
    got this warning: Bus: 01, Device: OD, Function: 0. Press F1 to continue>. Pressing F1
    advances the bootup and Windows starts and works normally.
    May someone please tell me how to correct this problem?

    --
    Ilya Zeldes
    Fort Myers, Florida

  2. Re: Bootup Error

    Hi
    This issue has to do with the basic hardware configuration of the computer
    in the computer's BIOS. It is not related directly to the Wireless and you
    probably need to show it physically to a professional computer repair
    person.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "ilyaz" wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP SP2 on my eMachine T1105. This machine is on my wireless
    >network (2 computers). Everything was fine until recently when on a bootup
    >I got this warning: >Bus: 01, Device: OD, Function: 0. Press F1 to continue>. Pressing F1
    >advances the bootup and Windows starts and works normally.
    > May someone please tell me how to correct this problem?
    >
    > --
    > Ilya Zeldes
    > Fort Myers, Florida

  3. Re: Bootup Error

    Thanks, Jack. I agree with you that there must be some problem in the
    BIOS... But how to deal with it? I've looked into it, but found nothing "to
    repair"... Also, some time ago, I tried to change my networking (tried
    cable), but then went back to wireless. I think, that when the problem
    surfaced...
    Ilya

    > Hi
    > This issue has to do with the basic hardware configuration of the computer
    > in the computer's BIOS. It is not related directly to the Wireless and
    > you probably need to show it physically to a professional computer repair
    > person.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "ilyaz" wrote in message
    >>I have Windows XP SP2 on my eMachine T1105. This machine is on my wireless
    >>network (2 computers). Everything was fine until recently when on a bootup
    >>I got this warning: >>02. Bus: 01, Device: OD, Function: 0. Press F1 to continue>. Pressing F1
    >>advances the bootup and Windows starts and works normally.
    >> May someone please tell me how to correct this problem?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ilya Zeldes
    >> Fort Myers, Florida

  4. Re: Bootup Error

    Regarding "...Resource Conflict - PCI Network controller in slot 02.
    ....." it may be worthwhil to check as follows:

    1. Control,panel
    2. System applet
    3. Hardware tab
    4. Device manager
    5. Expand "Network Adapter"
    6. Rt click >Properties
    7. Resource tab

    "ilyaz" wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP SP2 on my eMachine T1105. This machine is on my wireless
    >network (2 computers). Everything was fine until recently when on a bootup
    >I got this warning: >Bus: 01, Device: OD, Function: 0. Press F1 to continue>. Pressing F1
    >advances the bootup and Windows starts and works normally.
    > May someone please tell me how to correct this problem?
    >
    > --
    > Ilya Zeldes
    > Fort Myers, Florida

  5. Re: Bootup Error

    Sure checked... No conflict there...
    Ilya

    "AJR" wrote in message
    > Regarding "...Resource Conflict - PCI Network controller in slot 02.
    > ...." it may be worthwhil to check as follows:
    >
    > 1. Control,panel
    > 2. System applet
    > 3. Hardware tab
    > 4. Device manager
    > 5. Expand "Network Adapter"
    > 6. Rt click >Properties
    > 7. Resource tab
    >

    > "ilyaz" wrote in message
    >>I have Windows XP SP2 on my eMachine T1105. This machine is on my wireless
    >>network (2 computers). Everything was fine until recently when on a bootup
    >>I got this warning: >>02. Bus: 01, Device: OD, Function: 0. Press F1 to continue>. Pressing F1
    >>advances the bootup and Windows starts and works normally.
    >> May someone please tell me how to correct this problem?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ilya Zeldes
    >> Fort Myers, Florida

+ Reply to Thread