DNS Client in Services - Wireless

This is a discussion on DNS Client in Services - Wireless ; Good morning all, I've heard conflicting opinions as to whether one should run the DNS Client in Services of not (Automatic, Manual, Or not). I kinda think it's not a necessary, but I want to make sure. I do know ...

  1. DNS Client in Services

    Good morning all,

    I've heard conflicting opinions as to whether one should run the DNS Client
    in Services of not (Automatic, Manual, Or not).

    I kinda think it's not a necessary, but I want to make sure.
    I do know if it's disabled one cannot /flushdns,or possible other
    command-line tasks.

    Any help/comments strongly appreciated.

    --
    TIA,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center
    www.aumha.org
    Practically Nerded,...
    http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

  2. Re: DNS Client in Services

    Sure, you can do that. Quoted from MS, "The DNS Client service optimizes the performance of DNS name resolution by storing previously resolved names in memory. If the DNS Client service is turned off, the computer can still resolve DNS names by using the network's DNS servers".

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Curt Christianson" wrote in message news:O2ziZ6eyHHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
    Good morning all,

    I've heard conflicting opinions as to whether one should run the DNS Client
    in Services of not (Automatic, Manual, Or not).

    I kinda think it's not a necessary, but I want to make sure.
    I do know if it's disabled one cannot /flushdns,or possible other
    command-line tasks.

    Any help/comments strongly appreciated.

    --
    TIA,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center
    www.aumha.org
    Practically Nerded,...
    http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

  3. Re: DNS Client in Services

    Hi
    What are the gains of shutting it off?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Curt Christianson" wrote in message
    > Good morning all,
    >
    > I've heard conflicting opinions as to whether one should run the DNS
    > Client
    > in Services of not (Automatic, Manual, Or not).
    >
    > I kinda think it's not a necessary, but I want to make sure.
    > I do know if it's disabled one cannot /flushdns,or possible other
    > command-line tasks.
    >
    > Any help/comments strongly appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > TIA,
    > Curt
    >
    > Windows Support Center
    > www.aumha.org
    > Practically Nerded,...
    > http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

  4. Re: DNS Client in Services

    I'm quite sure at this point it's quite minimal??

    --
    HTH,

    | Hi
    | What are the gains of shutting it off?
    | Jack (MVP-Networking).
    |
    | "Curt Christianson" wrote in message
    | > Good morning all,
    | >
    | > I've heard conflicting opinions as to whether one should run the DNS
    | > Client
    | > in Services of not (Automatic, Manual, Or not).
    | >
    | > I kinda think it's not a necessary, but I want to make sure.
    | > I do know if it's disabled one cannot /flushdns,or possible other
    | > command-line tasks.
    | >
    | > Any help/comments strongly appreciated.
    | >
    | > --
    | > TIA,