Change Network Key - Wireless

This is a discussion on Change Network Key - Wireless ; I am trying to change the network key for my wireless network. When I click on Properties for my Wireless Nework it has the wrong network key. I change what is in there click OK and get connected. If I ...

  1. Change Network Key

    I am trying to change the network key for my wireless network. When I click
    on Properties for my Wireless Nework it has the wrong network key. I change
    what is in there click OK and get connected. If I go back and click on
    Properties the OLD network key is there. How do I change it to the new one
    and get it to STAY that way?

    TIA
    Donna

  2. Re: Change Network Key

    Hi
    If you are referring to the Wireless Security.
    A new passphrase has to be entered into the Wireless Router/Access Point,
    and then to the Wireless Card.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "DonnaPW" wrote in message
    >I am trying to change the network key for my wireless network. When I
    >click
    > on Properties for my Wireless Nework it has the wrong network key. I
    > change
    > what is in there click OK and get connected. If I go back and click on
    > Properties the OLD network key is there. How do I change it to the new
    > one
    > and get it to STAY that way?
    >
    > TIA
    > Donna