Hibernation and Wireless - Wireless

This is a discussion on Hibernation and Wireless - Wireless ; Often when I turn my computer on after it has been hibernated I find that I cannot access the internet. This used not to be a problem but has become one recently. I either need to restart the computer or ...

  1. Hibernation and Wireless

    Often when I turn my computer on after it has been hibernated I find that I
    cannot access the internet. This used not to be a problem but has become one
    recently. I either need to restart the computer or reset the router.

  2. Re: Hibernation and Wireless

    Hi
    Are talking about Standby, or Hibernation. Hibernation means that the
    computer is actually Off but the RAM was save to a File.
    In case it Standby, makes sure that the Wireless card is Not in Power Saving
    Mode. I.e. do not let the card to go to sleep get it out of the Standby
    loop.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Mark2006" wrote in message
    > Often when I turn my computer on after it has been hibernated I find that
    > cannot access the internet. This used not to be a problem but has become
    > one
    > recently. I either need to restart the computer or reset the router.

  3. Re: Hibernation and Wireless

    I was speaking about Hibernation, no standby. Thanks for your help.

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Are talking about Standby, or Hibernation. Hibernation means that the
    > computer is actually Off but the RAM was save to a File.
    > In case it Standby, makes sure that the Wireless card is Not in Power Saving
    > Mode. I.e. do not let the card to go to sleep get it out of the Standby
    > loop.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Mark2006" wrote in message
    > > Often when I turn my computer on after it has been hibernated I find that
    > > cannot access the internet. This used not to be a problem but has become
    > > one
    > > recently. I either need to restart the computer or reset the router.

+ Reply to Thread