Wireless Zero Config - Stops - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Zero Config - Stops - Wireless ; If I disable a wireless connection on this laptop or reboot, this service stops. I can't reestablish a link to my wireless rounter unless I go in and restrart this service. I don't get it.... Thanks...

  1. Wireless Zero Config - Stops

    If I disable a wireless connection on this laptop or reboot, this service
    stops. I can't reestablish a link to my wireless rounter unless I go in and
    restrart this service. I don't get it....

    Thanks

  2. RE: Wireless Zero Config - Stops

    Also, this is a Dell laptop, with integrated Dell Wireless card. I cant see
    any management software for this card. I keep checking, let Windows manage
    the wireless network. When I reboot, it becomes unchecked along with the
    wireless service stopping.

    "GW" wrote:

    > If I disable a wireless connection on this laptop or reboot, this service
    > stops. I can't reestablish a link to my wireless rounter unless I go in and
    > restrart this service. I don't get it....
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Wireless Zero Config - Stops

    Hi
    If you want to use WZC only, get rid of the Intel Utility.
    Only one Utility at the time can work and the Intel Utility is switching Off
    WZC.
    Why the check does not stay checked I do not know. However if you want to
    use both at different circumstances, log to Intel site download the latest
    version and try to reinstall using a newer version.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.hrml
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "GW" wrote in message
    > If I disable a wireless connection on this laptop or reboot, this service
    > stops. I can't reestablish a link to my wireless rounter unless I go in
    > and
    > restrart this service. I don't get it....
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread