ICS slow or no response - Wireless

This is a discussion on ICS slow or no response - Wireless ; I just recently switched from dial-up to DSL. I have activated ICS on the machine that connects to the internet thru the modem. Two clients have wireless access to the main computer. I can share files and printers among all ...

  1. ICS slow or no response

    I just recently switched from dial-up to DSL. I have activated ICS on the
    machine that connects to the internet thru the modem. Two clients have
    wireless access to the main computer. I can share files and printers among
    all three. Signal is always excellent. When trying to connect to the internet
    from either of the clients the home page appears but without some graphics.
    If I attempt to access any other page it appears to start but eventually will
    say page not available.I can go to Google rather fast but clicking on any
    entry will result in page not found. Any help would be appreciated.
    Main pc is XP SP1 desktop
    Client 1 is XP SP2 desktop
    Client 2 is XP SP1 laptop

  2. Re: ICS slow or no response

    Hi
    Some Wireless Access Point have problems working with ICS. In some cases
    when using Access Points this seem to do better than ICS,
    http://www.analogx.com/CONTENTS/down...work/proxy.htm
    The real option is to get a Cable/DSL Router and use a clean peer-to-peer
    topology (In the USA Wireless Router can be found for less the $30),
    Network should look like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "billblue" wrote in message
    >I just recently switched from dial-up to DSL. I have activated ICS on the
    > machine that connects to the internet thru the modem. Two clients have
    > wireless access to the main computer. I can share files and printers among
    > all three. Signal is always excellent. When trying to connect to the
    > internet
    > from either of the clients the home page appears but without some
    > graphics.
    > If I attempt to access any other page it appears to start but eventually
    > will
    > say page not available.I can go to Google rather fast but clicking on any
    > entry will result in page not found. Any help would be appreciated.
    > Main pc is XP SP1 desktop
    > Client 1 is XP SP2 desktop
    > Client 2 is XP SP1 laptop

+ Reply to Thread