How to connect to Local Area Network - Wireless

This is a discussion on How to connect to Local Area Network - Wireless ; My wireless internet connection recently stopped working and i was unable to access the internet- the Local area connection icon in 'Network connections displays the message "network cable unplugged", yet on the main computer that my laptop connects to, this ...

  1. How to connect to Local Area Network

    My wireless internet connection recently stopped working and i was unable to
    access the internet- the Local area connection icon in 'Network connections
    displays the message "network cable unplugged", yet on the main computer that
    my laptop connects to, this icon reads "connected", and therefore, i was
    wondering if anybody had any ideas as to how this connection on my laptop can
    be connected or fixed so that I can access the internet. Thank you

  2. Re: How to connect to Local Area Network

    1. It could be the DHCP issue. for the test, try to setup TCP/IP using a static IP address.
    2. It could be the security. For the test, disable the security.

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Charlie1234" wrote in message news:E259E0E1-9820-480A-A137-F250F2EBAF93@microsoft.com...
    My wireless internet connection recently stopped working and i was unable to
    access the internet- the Local area connection icon in 'Network connections
    displays the message "network cable unplugged", yet on the main computer that
    my laptop connects to, this icon reads "connected", and therefore, i was
    wondering if anybody had any ideas as to how this connection on my laptop can
    be connected or fixed so that I can access the internet. Thank you

  3. Re: How to connect to Local Area Network

    Hi
    It would help if you would describe what hardware you are trying to connect
    to.
    The make sure that the Laptop is set correctly look at this page,
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Wireless configuration.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Charlie1234" wrote in message
    > My wireless internet connection recently stopped working and i was unable
    > access the internet- the Local area connection icon in 'Network
    > connections
    > displays the message "network cable unplugged", yet on the main computer
    > that
    > my laptop connects to, this icon reads "connected", and therefore, i was
    > wondering if anybody had any ideas as to how this connection on my laptop
    > can
    > be connected or fixed so that I can access the internet. Thank you

+ Reply to Thread