Connecting to wireless internet - Wireless

This is a discussion on Connecting to wireless internet - Wireless ; My Dell laptop recently crashed and an error message appeared- i was advised to re-install windows. However ,now that i have re-installed it, i cannot seem to connect to the wireless internet connection that is set up on my home ...

  1. Connecting to wireless internet

    My Dell laptop recently crashed and an error message appeared- i was advised
    to re-install windows. However ,now that i have re-installed it, i cannot
    seem to connect to the wireless internet connection that is set up on my home
    computer. It seems as if my laptop cannot find any connections nearby-it did
    cross my mind that I may have to install some software but i'm not sure and I
    would be very grateful if anybody had any ideas. Thank you

  2. Re: Connecting to wireless internet

    Hi
    In all likely hood WinXP does not have the Wireless card drivers and they
    need to be installed idependendly.
    Follow this process it might help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Charlie1234" wrote in message
    > My Dell laptop recently crashed and an error message appeared- i was
    > advised
    > to re-install windows. However ,now that i have re-installed it, i cannot
    > seem to connect to the wireless internet connection that is set up on my
    > home
    > computer. It seems as if my laptop cannot find any connections nearby-it
    > did
    > cross my mind that I may have to install some software but i'm not sure
    > and I
    > would be very grateful if anybody had any ideas. Thank you

  3. Re: Connecting to wireless internet

    Hi
    Thank you for your response- however, the second link on the page you sent
    does not work and i cannot get onto it. Is there another way i could access
    it?

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > In all likely hood WinXP does not have the Wireless card drivers and they
    > need to be installed idependendly.
    > Follow this process it might help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Charlie1234" wrote in message
    > > My Dell laptop recently crashed and an error message appeared- i was
    > > advised
    > > to re-install windows. However ,now that i have re-installed it, i cannot
    > > seem to connect to the wireless internet connection that is set up on my
    > > home
    > > computer. It seems as if my laptop cannot find any connections nearby-it
    > > did
    > > cross my mind that I may have to install some software but i'm not sure
    > > and I
    > > would be very grateful if anybody had any ideas. Thank you

  4. Re: Connecting to wireless internet

    Hi
    Sorry my Hosting service moved the site to another server and all Bookmarks
    need to be corrected.
    It should be http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#ghost

    > Hi
    > Thank you for your response- however, the second link on the page you sent
    > does not work and i cannot get onto it. Is there another way i could
    > access
    > it?
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> In all likely hood WinXP does not have the Wireless card drivers and they
    >> need to be installed idependendly.
    >> Follow this process it might help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Charlie1234" wrote in message
    >> > My Dell laptop recently crashed and an error message appeared- i was
    >> > advised
    >> > to re-install windows. However ,now that i have re-installed it, i
    >> > cannot
    >> > seem to connect to the wireless internet connection that is set up on
    >> > my
    >> > home
    >> > computer. It seems as if my laptop cannot find any connections
    >> > nearby-it
    >> > did
    >> > cross my mind that I may have to install some software but i'm not sure
    >> > and I
    >> > would be very grateful if anybody had any ideas. Thank you

+ Reply to Thread