Renewing IP address - Wireless

This is a discussion on Renewing IP address - Wireless ; Recently downloaded another Wireless Network Manager then uninstalled it, now my Wireless Network Connection 5 has Limited or no connectivity to Linksys Wireless-G PCI. I restarted the Wireless Zero Configuration and set to Automatic in services.msc but when I try ...

  1. Renewing IP address

    Recently downloaded another Wireless Network Manager then uninstalled it, now
    my Wireless Network Connection 5 has Limited or no connectivity to Linksys
    Wireless-G PCI. I restarted the Wireless Zero Configuration and set to
    Automatic in services.msc but when I try to connect to my 2Wire router, it
    says that I am connected but with limited or no connectivity. When I try to
    Repair, I get a window that says "Windows could not finish repairing the
    problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing you IP
    address". This is a dead end for me. Can anyone help me re-establish my
    wireless connection?

  2. Re: Renewing IP address

    Hi
    Make sure that the Uninstalled manger is really uninstalled and does not run
    ant thing in the background.
    These two utilities might help,
    http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
    Then follow this process, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Ron" wrote in message
    > Recently downloaded another Wireless Network Manager then uninstalled it,
    > now
    > my Wireless Network Connection 5 has Limited or no connectivity to Linksys
    > Wireless-G PCI. I restarted the Wireless Zero Configuration and set to
    > Automatic in services.msc but when I try to connect to my 2Wire router, it
    > says that I am connected but with limited or no connectivity. When I try
    > Repair, I get a window that says "Windows could not finish repairing the
    > problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing you IP
    > address". This is a dead end for me. Can anyone help me re-establish my
    > wireless connection?

  3. Re: Renewing IP address

    Jack, thanks for help. I tried the first link, downloaded and tried to
    repair with each box checked, one at a time, but this failed to fix the
    problem. Don't have time today to try the other link. Will update when I
    do. Thanks again, Ron

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Make sure that the Uninstalled manger is really uninstalled and does not run
    > ant thing in the background.
    > These two utilities might help,
    > http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
    > Then follow this process, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Ron" wrote in message
    > > Recently downloaded another Wireless Network Manager then uninstalled it,
    > > now
    > > my Wireless Network Connection 5 has Limited or no connectivity to Linksys
    > > Wireless-G PCI. I restarted the Wireless Zero Configuration and set to
    > > Automatic in services.msc but when I try to connect to my 2Wire router, it
    > > says that I am connected but with limited or no connectivity. When I try
    > > Repair, I get a window that says "Windows could not finish repairing the
    > > problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing you IP
    > > address". This is a dead end for me. Can anyone help me re-establish my
    > > wireless connection?

  4. Re: Renewing IP address

    It just means your machine isn't getting an IP from DHCP. Make sure the
    wireless system you connect to provides DHCP. If it happens to be a Linksys
    box, then power cycle it,...sometimes they just stop giving out addresses
    for no reason.

    If nothing else, statically configure TCP/IP with setting compatible with
    the network it is connecting to and verify everything else works, then
    troubleshoot DHCP after that. If there is still trouble with static
    addressing being used,..then fixing that will probably also fix the DHCP
    issue.

    Also having too weak of wireless signal or too low of signal quality can
    cause trouble like this.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    "Ron" wrote in message
    > Recently downloaded another Wireless Network Manager then uninstalled it,
    > now
    > my Wireless Network Connection 5 has Limited or no connectivity to Linksys
    > Wireless-G PCI. I restarted the Wireless Zero Configuration and set to
    > Automatic in services.msc but when I try to connect to my 2Wire router, it
    > says that I am connected but with limited or no connectivity. When I try
    > Repair, I get a window that says "Windows could not finish repairing the
    > problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing you IP
    > address". This is a dead end for me. Can anyone help me re-establish my
    > wireless connection?

+ Reply to Thread