Suggestions for cable modem/router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Suggestions for cable modem/router - Wireless ; Need a Vista 32bit (prefer certified) or compatible cable modem/wireless router. Any suggestions? Experiences? Thank you....

  1. Suggestions for cable modem/router

    Need a Vista 32bit (prefer certified) or compatible cable modem/wireless
    router. Any suggestions? Experiences? Thank you.

  2. Re: Suggestions for cable modem/router

    I'm using a motorola 5120 cable modem and a D-Link DIR 655 gigE
    draft N router and I'm quitre happy with them.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  3. Re: Suggestions for cable modem/router

    Hi
    Make sure that you buy separate units. I.e. a stand alone Modem and a
    Wireless Cable/DSL Router, do not buy a Combo one unit device.
    Any Cable Modem that is on the list (or meet the specs.) of your ISP would
    be OK, there is No real performance differences between the available
    devices.
    As for Wireless Router, given the current condition of the market I would
    stick to devices that are within recognized standard.
    My current favorite is this, http://www.ezlan.net/buffalo.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Tony Linguini" wrote in message
    > Need a Vista 32bit (prefer certified) or compatible cable modem/wireless
    > router. Any suggestions? Experiences? Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread