How to enable wireless adapter automatically after logging on - Wireless

This is a discussion on How to enable wireless adapter automatically after logging on - Wireless ; I'm running XP/SP2 with a Thinkpad X60, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card. Usually, after logging in, the wireless adapter is disabled (even though the hardware switch is enable) and I have to manually go into the list of network connections and ...

  1. How to enable wireless adapter automatically after logging on

    I'm running XP/SP2 with a Thinkpad X60, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
    card. Usually, after logging in, the wireless adapter is disabled
    (even though the hardware switch is enable) and I have to manually go
    into the list of network connections and choose "enable" for this
    adapter.

    Any suggestions how to change the default to enabled?

    WZC starts automatically as a service. Everywhere I can find (device
    manager, network settings, etc.), I've set the adapter to "enabled"
    and "on." Once I enable the device, it works fine -- it just always
    seems to revert to disabled.

  2. Re: How to enable wireless adapter automatically after logging on

    Hi
    What to you mean by disable, is it hardware disable or it is just Not
    connecting automatically?
    If you want to use WZC, make sure that the Intel Utility is Not running too.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "ajkessel" wrote in message
    news:1181493493.550846.304130@q75g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...
    > I'm running XP/SP2 with a Thinkpad X60, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
    > card. Usually, after logging in, the wireless adapter is disabled
    > (even though the hardware switch is enable) and I have to manually go
    > into the list of network connections and choose "enable" for this
    > adapter.
    >
    > Any suggestions how to change the default to enabled?
    >
    > WZC starts automatically as a service. Everywhere I can find (device
    > manager, network settings, etc.), I've set the adapter to "enabled"
    > and "on." Once I enable the device, it works fine -- it just always
    > seems to revert to disabled.

  3. Re: How to enable wireless adapter automatically after logging on

    On Jun 10, 4:28 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    wrote:
    > What to you mean by disable, is it hardware disable or it is just Not
    > connecting automatically?

    Under "Network Connections," it is set to "disabled." I need to right-
    click on the "Wireless Network Connection" there and select "enable."

    > If you want to use WZC, make sure that the Intel Utility is Not running too.http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).

    I'm pretty sure no other wireless module is running. Nothing in the
    systray, and I don't recognize any Intel utility in taskmgr.

+ Reply to Thread