RE: Enable/Disable Wireless icon missing from system tray - Wireless

This is a discussion on RE: Enable/Disable Wireless icon missing from system tray - Wireless ; "rhandrich" wrote: > I ran System Mechanic on my Dell Inspiron 700m and when it was done, the > little icon in the system tray that allowed me to EASILY turn my wireless off > and on was missing from ...

  1. RE: Enable/Disable Wireless icon missing from system tray

    "rhandrich" wrote:

    > I ran System Mechanic on my Dell Inspiron 700m and when it was done, the
    > little icon in the system tray that allowed me to EASILY turn my wireless off
    > and on was missing from the system tray. [I don't know what it was called but
    > hovering over it with the mouse generated a message to the effect of
    > "Microsoft is managing this device".]
    >
    > Does anyone know how to reinstate that icon short of doing a System Restore
    > to an earlier date. I like the other things System Mechanic has done--just
    > not this one.

  2. Re: Enable/Disable Wireless icon missing from system tray

    Hi
    If it is Windows own Wireless Network Icon.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#icon_bar
    If it is a 3rd party Wireless utility start the utility and look for a check
    box that would say something like Show Tray Icon and check it.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Gregg" wrote in message

    > "rhandrich" wrote:
    >
    >> I ran System Mechanic on my Dell Inspiron 700m and when it was done, the
    >> little icon in the system tray that allowed me to EASILY turn my wireless
    >> off
    >> and on was missing from the system tray. [I don't know what it was called
    >> but
    >> hovering over it with the mouse generated a message to the effect of
    >> "Microsoft is managing this device".]
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how to reinstate that icon short of doing a System
    >> Restore
    >> to an earlier date. I like the other things System Mechanic has
    >> done--just
    >> not this one.

+ Reply to Thread