network drive not accessible with wireless usb card but is with LA - Wireless

This is a discussion on network drive not accessible with wireless usb card but is with LA - Wireless ; I can access the network drive "G" (via VPN) using DSL connection but when I attempt to access using Verizon's USB wireless card (via VPN), the network drive is not found. So, I've contacted Verizon - tried everything they had ...

  1. network drive not accessible with wireless usb card but is with LA

    I can access the network drive "G" (via VPN) using DSL connection but when I
    attempt to access using Verizon's USB wireless card (via VPN), the network
    drive is not found.

    So, I've contacted Verizon - tried everything they had to suggest. My
    company's IT has nothing to suggest. My gut feeling tells me that my
    computer thinks the USB wireless card is occupying the "G" drive. I have
    read many posts but have not found a post that addresses my problem.

    I would appreciate any suggestion or advice.

  2. Re: network drive not accessible with wireless usb card but is with LA

    On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 22:16:00 -0700, mxrn50
    wrote:

    >I can access the network drive "G" (via VPN) using DSL connection but when I
    >attempt to access using Verizon's USB wireless card (via VPN), the network
    >drive is not found.
    >
    >So, I've contacted Verizon - tried everything they had to suggest. My
    >company's IT has nothing to suggest. My gut feeling tells me that my
    >computer thinks the USB wireless card is occupying the "G" drive. I have
    >read many posts but have not found a post that addresses my problem.
    >
    >I would appreciate any suggestion or advice.

    When you "can access the network drive "G" (via VPN) using DSL connection", how
    do you connect to the DSL? Similarly, when you "attempt to access using
    Verizon's USB wireless card (via VPN)", what service is the VPN running thru?

    See if you can describe complete details of the connections, when you can
    connect to drive "G", and when you can't. Remember we aren't there looking over
    your shoulder.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...useful-in.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

  3. Re: network drive not accessible with wireless usb card but is with LA

    The Verizon USB is probably a Wireless Internet card and not a regular
    802.11g WIFI.
    In other words it is probably incompatible with your Network.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "mxrn50" wrote in message
    >I can access the network drive "G" (via VPN) using DSL connection but when
    > attempt to access using Verizon's USB wireless card (via VPN), the
    > network
    > drive is not found.
    >
    > So, I've contacted Verizon - tried everything they had to suggest. My
    > company's IT has nothing to suggest. My gut feeling tells me that my
    > computer thinks the USB wireless card is occupying the "G" drive. I have
    > read many posts but have not found a post that addresses my problem.
    >
    > I would appreciate any suggestion or advice.

+ Reply to Thread