Networking with both wireless and lan computers. - Wireless

This is a discussion on Networking with both wireless and lan computers. - Wireless ; I currently have a Belkin wireless router with 4 lan ports. I have a network that I use to connect my desktop computer running Windows XP to my xbox360 via ethernet. I also have just purchased a notebook computer running ...

  1. Networking with both wireless and lan computers.

    I currently have a Belkin wireless router with 4 lan ports.

    I have a network that I use to connect my desktop computer running Windows
    XP to my xbox360 via ethernet. I also have just purchased a notebook
    computer running Vista Home Premium. I want to be able to connect to my
    desktop computer via a wireless connection but I have been unable to do so.
    I can connect to the internet with my laptop, and I can see Windows Media
    Player on my desktop, but I cannot see any of the shared folders or printers
    on the desktop computer.

    Can somebody please help.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Networking with both wireless and lan computers.

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Lee Whitney" wrote in message
    >I currently have a Belkin wireless router with 4 lan ports.
    >
    > I have a network that I use to connect my desktop computer running Windows
    > XP to my xbox360 via ethernet. I also have just purchased a notebook
    > computer running Vista Home Premium. I want to be able to connect to my
    > desktop computer via a wireless connection but I have been unable to do
    > so. I can connect to the internet with my laptop, and I can see Windows
    > Media Player on my desktop, but I cannot see any of the shared folders or
    > printers on the desktop computer.
    >
    > Can somebody please help.
    >
    > Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread