Access point selection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Access point selection - Wireless ; Is it possible to select which access point to connect to if network has more of them in range? I'm using Windows XP standard (integrated) Wireless Zero Configuration, and my Laptop is always connecting to closest one (ore the one ...

  1. Access point selection

    Is it possible to select which access point to connect to if network has
    more of them in range? I'm using Windows XP standard (integrated) Wireless
    Zero Configuration, and my Laptop is always connecting to closest one (ore
    the one with strongest signal, I'm not sure). But sometimes this one is
    malfunctioning.

  2. Re: Access point selection

    Hi
    WZC has a preferred connection menu you can use to create a proffered list
    of access point according to your desired order.
    Look like this, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Toni Slunjski" wrote in message
    > Is it possible to select which access point to connect to if network has
    > more of them in range? I'm using Windows XP standard (integrated) Wireless
    > Zero Configuration, and my Laptop is always connecting to closest one (ore
    > the one with strongest signal, I'm not sure). But sometimes this one is
    > malfunctioning.

+ Reply to Thread