Export Profiles in WZC - Wireless

This is a discussion on Export Profiles in WZC - Wireless ; Is there a way in Windows XP SP2 to export the WZC wireless profiles? We have about 20 access points secured with WEP passwords and it would be helpful to setup all of the profiles on one machine and be ...

  1. Export Profiles in WZC

    Is there a way in Windows XP SP2 to export the WZC wireless profiles? We
    have about 20 access points secured with WEP passwords and it would be
    helpful to setup all of the profiles on one machine and be able to export
    them and then import them into another machine either manually or by login
    script.

    Thanks,
    Stan Cooper

  2. Re: Export Profiles in WZC

    "Stan Cooper" wrote in message
    > Is there a way in Windows XP SP2 to export the WZC wireless profiles? We
    > have about 20 access points secured with WEP passwords and it would be
    > helpful to setup all of the profiles on one machine and be able to export
    > them and then import them into another machine either manually or by login
    > script.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Stan Cooper

    With Windows Connect Now (WCN) you can save off the wireless configuration
    to a flash drive and use that. You could probably also put the created files
    and folders on a shared drive for access by all users. I have never tried
    that though.

    XP...

    Vista...

    With Vista you can also do this via group policies...

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tec...y/default.aspx

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...