Wireless connection trouble - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless connection trouble - Wireless ; Hi, I have connected the wireless network through the Belkin router/modem on the main PC and 802.1g Ralink built in wireless mini card on the laptop. All OK until I set up the security; now I can not get a ...

  1. Wireless connection trouble

    Hi,

    I have connected the wireless network through the Belkin router/modem on the
    main PC and 802.1g Ralink built in wireless mini card on the laptop. All OK
    until I set up the security; now I can not get a connection on the laptop
    unless I start the Wireless Zero Configuration through 'services.msc'. This
    is what I've got set-up on the laptop: preferred network set up 'Automatic',
    Network Authentication 'Open', Data encryption and Network key the same like
    the main computer. Is there anything else that needs to be enabled on the
    laptop?

    Could you please help, what's missing?

  2. Re: Wireless connection trouble

    Hi
    Make sure that you are using only one Wireless manger.
    WZC gets it security readings from the Wireless card'd drivers make sure
    that you are using in the Router a security mode that is supported by the
    drivers of the Wireless computer card.
    In general.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Nelly" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have connected the wireless network through the Belkin router/modem on
    > the
    > main PC and 802.1g Ralink built in wireless mini card on the laptop. All
    > OK
    > until I set up the security; now I can not get a connection on the laptop
    > unless I start the Wireless Zero Configuration through 'services.msc'.
    > This
    > is what I've got set-up on the laptop: preferred network set up
    > 'Automatic',
    > Network Authentication 'Open', Data encryption and Network key the same
    > like
    > the main computer. Is there anything else that needs to be enabled on the
    > laptop?
    >
    > Could you please help, what's missing?

  3. Re: Wireless connection trouble

    Many thanks, Jack. All sorted

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Make sure that you are using only one Wireless manger.
    > WZC gets it security readings from the Wireless card'd drivers make sure
    > that you are using in the Router a security mode that is supported by the
    > drivers of the Wireless computer card.
    > In general.
    > My New Wireless does not work - http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    > Wireless, Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Nelly" wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have connected the wireless network through the Belkin router/modem on
    > > the
    > > main PC and 802.1g Ralink built in wireless mini card on the laptop. All
    > > OK
    > > until I set up the security; now I can not get a connection on the laptop
    > > unless I start the Wireless Zero Configuration through 'services.msc'.
    > > This
    > > is what I've got set-up on the laptop: preferred network set up
    > > 'Automatic',
    > > Network Authentication 'Open', Data encryption and Network key the same
    > > like
    > > the main computer. Is there anything else that needs to be enabled on the
    > > laptop?
    > >
    > > Could you please help, what's missing?

+ Reply to Thread