wireless keeps disconnection!!! - Wireless

This is a discussion on wireless keeps disconnection!!! - Wireless ; hi i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i m having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and with help i got my wireless working. but then now when ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: wireless keeps disconnection!!!

  1. wireless keeps disconnection!!!

    hi

    i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i m
    having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and
    with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it keeps
    disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless adaptor
    and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in this,
    thxs
    --
    any help will be great help

  2. Re: wireless keeps disconnection!!!

    are you actively using the connection when this happens or not? if
    not, what are the power management settings for the computer and for
    the wireless card?

    On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 02:01:02 -0700, Kyf
    wrote:

    >hi
    >
    >i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i m
    >having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and
    >with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it keeps
    >disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless adaptor
    >and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in this,
    >thxs

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
    http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

  3. Re: wireless keeps disconnection!!!

    yes i am actively using the connection. power management for laptop is vaio
    optomise and for wireless adaptor is ticked as use default value.

    thanks for u reply
    --
    any help will be great help


    "Barb Bowman" wrote:

    > are you actively using the connection when this happens or not? if
    > not, what are the power management settings for the computer and for
    > the wireless card?
    >
    > On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 02:01:02 -0700, Kyf
    > wrote:
    >
    > >hi
    > >
    > >i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i m
    > >having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and
    > >with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it keeps
    > >disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless adaptor
    > >and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in this,
    > >thxs

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS Windows-MVP
    > Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
    > http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
    >


  4. Re: wireless keeps disconnection!!!

    can you turn off power management completely to see if this is a
    power management related issue?

    On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 02:44:01 -0700, Kyf
    wrote:

    >yes i am actively using the connection. power management for laptop is vaio
    >optomise and for wireless adaptor is ticked as use default value.
    >
    >thanks for u reply

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
    http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

  5. Re: wireless keeps disconnection!!!

    Hi
    Make sure that the power saving of the Wireless card and as well as any
    propriety general saving via the Sony utility takes the Network out of the
    loop.
    I.e. No Optimize or whatever other verbal term is used, disable saving to
    anything Wireless or Network related.
    In addition make sure that your Router's SSID is On and your SSID is on top
    of the preferred list in the Wireless Zero Configuration.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Kyf" wrote in message
    news:7031DCEB-9E4E-4C08-BC96-895967DD9D0B@microsoft.com...
    > hi
    >
    > i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i
    > m
    > having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and
    > with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it
    > keeps
    > disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless
    > adaptor
    > and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in this,
    > thxs
    > --
    > any help will be great help




  6. Re: wireless keeps disconnection!!!

    i tired to see if i can turn it off. but i cant. the only option i am getting
    is to slid the bar to lowest. wht else can i try
    --
    any help will be great help


    "Kyf" wrote:

    > yes i am actively using the connection. power management for laptop is vaio
    > optomise and for wireless adaptor is ticked as use default value.
    >
    > thanks for u reply
    > --
    > any help will be great help
    >
    >
    > "Barb Bowman" wrote:
    >
    > > are you actively using the connection when this happens or not? if
    > > not, what are the power management settings for the computer and for
    > > the wireless card?
    > >
    > > On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 02:01:02 -0700, Kyf
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >hi
    > > >
    > > >i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i m
    > > >having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and
    > > >with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it keeps
    > > >disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless adaptor
    > > >and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in this,
    > > >thxs

    > > --
    > >
    > > Barb Bowman
    > > MS Windows-MVP
    > > Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
    > > http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
    > >


  7. Re: wireless keeps disconnection!!!

    thanks for u answer, but can u tell me how i can i check router's SSID and
    SSID on laptop.
    --
    any help will be great help


    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Make sure that the power saving of the Wireless card and as well as any
    > propriety general saving via the Sony utility takes the Network out of the
    > loop.
    > I.e. No Optimize or whatever other verbal term is used, disable saving to
    > anything Wireless or Network related.
    > In addition make sure that your Router's SSID is On and your SSID is on top
    > of the preferred list in the Wireless Zero Configuration.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Kyf" wrote in message
    > news:7031DCEB-9E4E-4C08-BC96-895967DD9D0B@microsoft.com...
    > > hi
    > >
    > > i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after which i
    > > m
    > > having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question and
    > > with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it
    > > keeps
    > > disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless
    > > adaptor
    > > and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in this,
    > > thxs
    > > --
    > > any help will be great help

    >
    >
    >


  8. Re: wireless keeps disconnection!!!

    go into control panel and check options there for Power Management.
    change to always on or permformance.


    go into device manager and right click the wireless adapter after
    expanding Network adapters, then select properties. is there a power
    management tab? what is it set at?

    On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 22:20:00 -0700, Kyf
    wrote:

    >i tired to see if i can turn it off. but i cant. the only option i am getting
    >is to slid the bar to lowest. wht else can i try

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
    http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

  9. Re: wireless keeps disconnection!!!


    Hi
    When you log to the Router's menus you would find in the wireless setup
    section an entry for the SSID (read your Router's manual).
    In the Wireless computer look at the Wireless Zero Configuration setting.
    The preferred SSID should be in the Network connection properties, Wireless
    Network tab.
    It look like this, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Kyf" wrote in message
    news:B813F5D9-503F-4574-8D88-10DCD32EE5EF@microsoft.com...
    > thanks for u answer, but can u tell me how i can i check router's SSID and
    > SSID on laptop.
    > --
    > any help will be great help
    >
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Make sure that the power saving of the Wireless card and as well as any
    >> propriety general saving via the Sony utility takes the Network out of
    >> the
    >> loop.
    >> I.e. No Optimize or whatever other verbal term is used, disable saving to
    >> anything Wireless or Network related.
    >> In addition make sure that your Router's SSID is On and your SSID is on
    >> top
    >> of the preferred list in the Wireless Zero Configuration.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Kyf" wrote in message
    >> news:7031DCEB-9E4E-4C08-BC96-895967DD9D0B@microsoft.com...
    >> > hi
    >> >
    >> > i have sony vaio. i reset my laptop using the recovery disk. after
    >> > which i
    >> > m
    >> > having problem connecting to my laptop. previously i posted a question
    >> > and
    >> > with help i got my wireless working. but then now when it does work it
    >> > keeps
    >> > disconnecting after 10 min. i have dowloaded drives for my wireless
    >> > adaptor
    >> > and installed it but still no use. anyone who can furture help me in
    >> > this,
    >> > thxs
    >> > --
    >> > any help will be great help

    >>
    >>
    >>




+ Reply to Thread