Sleep Mode with Vista Ultimate - Wireless

This is a discussion on Sleep Mode with Vista Ultimate - Wireless ; I bought a new computer with an Asus motherboard that has a wireless card built in. Every time it goes to sleep mode, I lose wireless connectivity. I have to disconnect the card and re-enable it to get it working. ...

  1. Sleep Mode with Vista Ultimate

    I bought a new computer with an Asus motherboard that has a wireless card
    built in. Every time it goes to sleep mode, I lose wireless connectivity. I
    have to disconnect the card and re-enable it to get it working. Has anyone
    else experienced this ?

  2. Re: Sleep Mode with Vista Ultimate

    Hi
    Disable the Power saving of the Wireless Card.
    Take any thing involved Wireless, or Network related out of the sleep mode
    setting.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Joe" wrote in message
    >I bought a new computer with an Asus motherboard that has a wireless card
    >built in. Every time it goes to sleep mode, I lose wireless connectivity. I
    >have to disconnect the card and re-enable it to get it working. Has anyone
    >else experienced this ?

  3. Re: Sleep Mode with Vista Ultimate

    That sounds more like a workaround than a fix, I am currently doing that.
    Anyone know if a patch is being worked on ?

    > Hi
    > Disable the Power saving of the Wireless Card.
    > Take any thing involved Wireless, or Network related out of the sleep mode
    > setting.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Joe" wrote in message
    >>I bought a new computer with an Asus motherboard that has a wireless card
    >>built in. Every time it goes to sleep mode, I lose wireless connectivity.
    >>I have to disconnect the card and re-enable it to get it working. Has
    >>anyone else experienced this ?

  4. Re: Sleep Mode with Vista Ultimate

    On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 17:28:06 -0700, "Joe" wrote:

    >"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message

    >> "Joe" wrote in message
    >>>I bought a new computer with an Asus motherboard that has a wireless card
    >>>built in. Every time it goes to sleep mode, I lose wireless connectivity.
    >>>I have to disconnect the card and re-enable it to get it working. Has
    >>>anyone else experienced this ?

    >> Hi
    >> Disable the Power saving of the Wireless Card.
    >> Take any thing involved Wireless, or Network related out of the sleep mode
    >> setting.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>

    >That sounds more like a workaround than a fix, I am currently doing that.
    >Anyone know if a patch is being worked on ?

    That's intended behaviour. When the computer goes to sleep, it shuts off the
    WiFi connections to save battery power, unless you disable power saving for the
    WiFi card.

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

  5. Re: Sleep Mode with Vista Ultimate

    Chuck wrote:

    > On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 17:28:06 -0700, "Joe" wrote:
    >
    > >"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message
    > >
    > >> "Joe" wrote in message

    > >> Hi
    > >> Disable the Power saving of the Wireless Card.
    > >> Take any thing involved Wireless, or Network related out of the sleep mode
    > >> setting.
    > >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >>

    > >That sounds more like a workaround than a fix, I am currently doing that.
    > >Anyone know if a patch is being worked on ?

    > That's intended behaviour. When the computer goes to sleep, it shuts off
    > the WiFi connections to save battery power, unless you disable power
    > saving for the WiFi card.

    Not intended! Some cards (drivers/clients) work, some don't. It's a
    feature.

    And turning off sleep mode prevents the card from sleeping - ie turning
    off the transceiver - while the laptop is on, which otherwise saves
    power. The access point will buffer data for the station. This is
    configured on the access point by the DTIM parameter setting.

+ Reply to Thread