Internet Connection malfunctioning - Wireless

This is a discussion on Internet Connection malfunctioning - Wireless ; I have been using the Belkin Pre-N router for connecting to the Internet. My home network consists of a Desktop (wired connection to Router) and 2 notebooks connected via wireless. I used to connect to internet via all 3 machines ...

  1. Internet Connection malfunctioning

    I have been using the Belkin Pre-N router for connecting to the
    Internet.
    My home network consists of a Desktop (wired connection to Router) and
    2 notebooks connected via wireless. I used to connect to internet via
    all 3 machines but lately 1 of them has stopped working. I can ping
    the router successfully but have not been able to connect to the
    Internet.

    I have already tried doing :

    1. Restarting the router
    2. Re-installing the wireless drivers.

    I am looking for a resultion for the issue.

    Thanks in anticipation

    Kind Regards
    Mohit Garg

  2. RE: Internet Connection malfunctioning

    well...i can indirectly answer ur question....
    wat u can do now is to connect ur laptop ( one whoose conn. is not working)
    to the other laptop through ad hoc ics....
    disadv.- u'll hav to keep both laptops switched on wen needed..

    "mg.cdac@gmail.com" wrote:

    > I have been using the Belkin Pre-N router for connecting to the
    > Internet.
    > My home network consists of a Desktop (wired connection to Router) and
    > 2 notebooks connected via wireless. I used to connect to internet via
    > all 3 machines but lately 1 of them has stopped working. I can ping
    > the router successfully but have not been able to connect to the
    > Internet.
    >
    > I have already tried doing :
    >
    > 1. Restarting the router
    > 2. Re-installing the wireless drivers.
    >
    > I am looking for a resultion for the issue.
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation
    >
    > Kind Regards
    > Mohit Garg

  3. Re: Internet Connection malfunctioning

    On 31 May 2007 03:01:06 -0700, mg.cdac@gmail.com wrote:

    >I have been using the Belkin Pre-N router for connecting to the
    >Internet.
    >My home network consists of a Desktop (wired connection to Router) and
    >2 notebooks connected via wireless. I used to connect to internet via
    >all 3 machines but lately 1 of them has stopped working. I can ping
    >the router successfully but have not been able to connect to the
    >Internet.
    >
    >I have already tried doing :
    >
    >1. Restarting the router
    >2. Re-installing the wireless drivers.
    >
    >I am looking for a resultion for the issue.
    >
    >Thanks in anticipation
    >
    >Kind Regards
    >Mohit Garg

    Look at logs from "ipconfig /all" first.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...iagnosing.html

    If nothing interesting, look at LSP / Winsock.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-layer-in.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

  4. Re: Internet Connection malfunctioning

    Hi
    If it is a Wired computer that gives you trouble try this,
    http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    Wireless, try this, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    news:1180605666.249164.138330@r19g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have been using the Belkin Pre-N router for connecting to the
    > Internet.
    > My home network consists of a Desktop (wired connection to Router) and
    > 2 notebooks connected via wireless. I used to connect to internet via
    > all 3 machines but lately 1 of them has stopped working. I can ping
    > the router successfully but have not been able to connect to the
    > Internet.
    >
    > I have already tried doing :
    >
    > 1. Restarting the router
    > 2. Re-installing the wireless drivers.
    >
    > I am looking for a resultion for the issue.
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation
    >
    > Kind Regards
    > Mohit Garg

+ Reply to Thread