should # of DHCP included wired connections? - Wireless

This is a discussion on should # of DHCP included wired connections? - Wireless ; I read your ezlan.net security instructions and one of your suggestions for security is to "Set the DHCP to the same number of computers that you have on your Network" I have 3 computers on my network, one wired and ...

  1. should # of DHCP included wired connections?

    I read your ezlan.net security instructions and one of your suggestions for
    security is to "Set the DHCP to the same number of computers that you have on
    your Network" I have 3 computers on my network, one wired and two wireless.
    Do I set it for 3 or do I just need to count the 2 wireless connections?
    Sorry, dumb question I know.

    By the way, the article was great. It answered a lot of questions for me.

    Vivian K

  2. Re: should # of DHCP included wired connections?

    Hi
    The DHCP is providing IPs to a computer, it does not matter if it is
    connected via wire or wireless.
    Number of Wireless Computer + Number of Wired Computers = Number of IPs
    available via DHCP.
    So in your case it is 3.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Viviank" wrote in message
    >I read your ezlan.net security instructions and one of your suggestions for
    > security is to "Set the DHCP to the same number of computers that you have
    > on
    > your Network" I have 3 computers on my network, one wired and two
    > wireless.
    > Do I set it for 3 or do I just need to count the 2 wireless connections?
    > Sorry, dumb question I know.
    >
    > By the way, the article was great. It answered a lot of questions for me.
    >
    > Vivian K

+ Reply to Thread