networking problem - Wireless

This is a discussion on networking problem - Wireless ; I did a clean reinstall of XP on my main computer and used the files and settings transfer wizard. I was up and running fine. My laptop connects to the internet fine thru my wireless router. My problem is that ...

  1. networking problem

    I did a clean reinstall of XP on my main computer and used the files and
    settings transfer wizard. I was up and running fine. My laptop connects to
    the internet fine thru my wireless router.
    My problem is that I cannot configure the wireless network to enable file
    and printer sharing. Everytime I run the "network setup wizard", I get an
    message that there was an error and either to configure it manually or run
    the wizard again.
    Any suggestions??

  2. Re: networking problem

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "sjmarks" wrote in message
    >I did a clean reinstall of XP on my main computer and used the files and
    > settings transfer wizard. I was up and running fine. My laptop connects
    > the internet fine thru my wireless router.
    > My problem is that I cannot configure the wireless network to enable file
    > and printer sharing. Everytime I run the "network setup wizard", I get an
    > message that there was an error and either to configure it manually or run
    > the wizard again.
    > Any suggestions??

+ Reply to Thread