Wireless network won't retain (remember) password.. - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless network won't retain (remember) password.. - Wireless ; I have a wireless network and when I login to the other computer it works fine but the save password tick box is missing so every time I logon I need to re-enter the password, I think maybe a registry ...

  1. Wireless network won't retain (remember) password..

    I have a wireless network and when I login to the other computer it works fine but the save password tick box is missing
    so every time I logon I need to re-enter the password, I think maybe a registry cleaner may have nuked a relevent key.
    I've reinstalled the network protocols to no avail..

    SD

  2. RE: Wireless network won't retain (remember) password..

    "SD_JH843" wrote:

    > I have a wireless network and when I login to the other computer it works fine but the save password tick box is missing
    > so every time I logon I need to re-enter the password, I think maybe a registry cleaner may have nuked a relevent key.
    > I've reinstalled the network protocols to no avail..
    >
    > SD

    Set up a wireless network
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../wireless.mspx
    Are you using 802.1x—Secure Authentication Through EAP?.
    Open a run command and type in:
    services.msc click [OK] make sure this service started Auto:
    Protected Storage
    HTH.
    nass
    ----
    www.nasstec.co.uk

  3. Re: Wireless network won't retain (remember) password..

    I'll check that when I'm back at the laptop..

    Thanks
    SD

    "nass" wrote in message news3BE84D7-F29A-4EAE-B7EB-EB79EAB3A122@microsoft.com...

    > "SD_JH843" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a wireless network and when I login to the other computer it works fine but the save password tick box is
    >> missing
    >> so every time I logon I need to re-enter the password, I think maybe a registry cleaner may have nuked a relevent
    >> key.
    >> I've reinstalled the network protocols to no avail..
    >>
    >> SD

    > Set up a wireless network
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../wireless.mspx
    > Are you using 802.1x—Secure Authentication Through EAP?.
    > Open a run command and type in:
    > services.msc click [OK] make sure this service started Auto:
    > Protected Storage
    > HTH.
    > nass
    > ----
    > www.nasstec.co.uk

  4. Re: Wireless network won't retain (remember) password..

    Hi
    If the Laptop is not logging to a Business RADIUS network make sure that the
    802.11x security is Off.
    Windows gets the nature of the security from the Wireless card's drivers,
    when there is trouble like yours, sometime uninstalling the current drivers
    and installing the most recent one available at the manufacturer's site
    elevates the problem.
    In General.
    From the weakest to the Strongest..
    No Security
    MAC
    WEP
    WPA-PSK
    WPA-AES
    WPA2
    The security must be set according to lowest capable Wireless component.
    I.e. even most of you Wireless are capable to do WPA2, but one device is
    only capable to do WEP, the whole system must be configured to WEP.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "SD_JH843" wrote in message
    >I have a wireless network and when I login to the other computer it works
    >fine but the save password tick box is missing so every time I logon I need
    >to re-enter the password, I think maybe a registry cleaner may have nuked a
    >relevent key. I've reinstalled the network protocols to no avail..
    >
    > SD

  5. Re: Wireless network won't retain (remember) password..

    Thanks Jack, the connection works the problem is more that the
    computer won't retain the password from session to session.

    Thanks

    SD

    Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
    > Hi
    > If the Laptop is not logging to a Business RADIUS network make sure that the
    > 802.11x security is Off.
    > Windows gets the nature of the security from the Wireless card's drivers,
    > when there is trouble like yours, sometime uninstalling the current drivers
    > and installing the most recent one available at the manufacturer's site
    > elevates the problem.
    > In General.
    > From the weakest to the Strongest..
    > No Security
    > MAC
    > WEP
    > WPA-PSK
    > WPA-AES
    > WPA2
    > The security must be set according to lowest capable Wireless component.
    > I.e. even most of you Wireless are capable to do WPA2, but one device is
    > only capable to do WEP, the whole system must be configured to WEP.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "SD_JH843" wrote in message
    >> I have a wireless network and when I login to the other computer it works
    >> fine but the save password tick box is missing so every time I logon I need
    >> to re-enter the password, I think maybe a registry cleaner may have nuked a
    >> relevent key. I've reinstalled the network protocols to no avail..
    >>
    >> SD

  6. Re: Wireless network won't retain (remember) password..

    Thanks Nass, It wasn't that setting. It was set to auto on this end..

    SD

    SD_JH843 wrote:
    > I'll check that when I'm back at the laptop..
    >
    > Thanks
    > SD
    >
    > "nass" wrote in message
    > news3BE84D7-F29A-4EAE-B7EB-EB79EAB3A122@microsoft.com...
    >>

    >> "SD_JH843" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a wireless network and when I login to the other computer it
    >>> works fine but the save password tick box is missing
    >>> so every time I logon I need to re-enter the password, I think maybe
    >>> a registry cleaner may have nuked a relevent key.
    >>> I've reinstalled the network protocols to no avail..
    >>>
    >>> SD

    >> Set up a wireless network
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../wireless.mspx
    >> Are you using 802.1x—Secure Authentication Through EAP?.
    >> Open a run command and type in:
    >> services.msc click [OK] make sure this service started Auto:
    >> Protected Storage
    >> HTH.
    >> nass
    >> ----