problems with microsoft client - Wireless

This is a discussion on problems with microsoft client - Wireless ; My Fujitsu Lifebook laptop (XP2 SP2) comes with pre-loaded Intel PROset/Wireless that gives me the options of switching to the Microsoft client. Often when I boot up, the wireless software does not seem to load properly: when I try to ...

  1. problems with microsoft client

    My Fujitsu Lifebook laptop (XP2 SP2) comes with pre-loaded Intel
    PROset/Wireless that gives me the options of switching to the Microsoft
    client.
    Often when I boot up, the wireless software does not seem to load properly:
    when I try to repair the connection, I notice that the tab in Wireless
    Connection Properties is missing.
    Is there any way of getting this back again without rebooting?
    Alternatively, can it be turned off altogether and just have the Intel
    PROSet/Wireless running alone? (I suspect that is not an option!)
    Looking forward to some wise advice.
    Thanks

  2. Re: problems with microsoft client

    Hi
    Log to Intel site get the latest drivers, uninstall what you have there and
    install the most recent drivers.
    Make sure that if you are using Windows Wireless Zero Configuration the
    Intel Wireless Manger is Not loaded.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wwierless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "bhague01" wrote in message
    news0E927DF-5D78-4A5A-B1B6-F4DD789F8B11@microsoft.com...
    > My Fujitsu Lifebook laptop (XP2 SP2) comes with pre-loaded Intel
    > PROset/Wireless that gives me the options of switching to the Microsoft
    > client.
    > Often when I boot up, the wireless software does not seem to load
    > properly:
    > when I try to repair the connection, I notice that the tab in Wireless
    > Connection Properties is missing.
    > Is there any way of getting this back again without rebooting?
    > Alternatively, can it be turned off altogether and just have the Intel
    > PROSet/Wireless running alone? (I suspect that is not an option!)
    > Looking forward to some wise advice.
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread