I cannot connet to my Wireless Router thought the default IP addre - Wireless

This is a discussion on I cannot connet to my Wireless Router thought the default IP addre - Wireless ; When i am going through the browser (after plugging the Ethernet Cable into my Network Card) and go to '192.168.2.1' it doesn't connect and just displays the server error message...not connected...blah blah...you know the one. Now, when I go into ...

  1. I cannot connet to my Wireless Router thought the default IP addre

    When i am going through the browser (after plugging the Ethernet Cable into
    my Network Card) and go to '192.168.2.1' it doesn't connect and just displays
    the server error message...not connected...blah blah...you know the one.

    Now, when I go into 'Network Connections' in the CP the details panel down
    the left-hand side shows my IP as 169.254.151.97 and SubNet Mask as
    255.255.0.0 but no Gateway/DNS Servers??

    What i can do to know the default ip of my wireless router? ... I reseted it
    many times pushing the reset boton under the router and it doesn't work. Mi
    wireless router is a Belkin Pre-N than was working fine until i tried to use
    the free trial of Network Magic to get connect mi wireless router to a
    Comcast Cable Modem. And also i would like to get advices about how i can
    connect the wireless router with Comcast Cable Modem. THX.

  2. Re: I cannot connet to my Wireless Router thought the default IP addre

    On Thu, 24 May 2007 19:19:00 -0700, Toni wrote:

    >When i am going through the browser (after plugging the Ethernet Cable into
    >my Network Card) and go to '192.168.2.1' it doesn't connect and just displays
    >the server error message...not connected...blah blah...you know the one.
    >
    >Now, when I go into 'Network Connections' in the CP the details panel down
    >the left-hand side shows my IP as 169.254.151.97 and SubNet Mask as
    >255.255.0.0 but no Gateway/DNS Servers??
    >
    >What i can do to know the default ip of my wireless router? ... I reseted it
    >many times pushing the reset boton under the router and it doesn't work. Mi
    >wireless router is a Belkin Pre-N than was working fine until i tried to use
    >the free trial of Network Magic to get connect mi wireless router to a
    >Comcast Cable Modem. And also i would like to get advices about how i can
    >connect the wireless router with Comcast Cable Modem. THX.

    What operating system is the computer running? If Vista, this article should be
    of interest.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233

    Now, an IP address of 169.254.x.x is an APIPA address, and you get that when
    your computer can't contact a DHCP server. Did installing Network Magic involve
    any changes to the router? If so, you need to check the manual for the router,
    and find out how to reset the router to factory specs. That should turn the
    DHCP server on, and let your computer connect.

    What make and model is the cable modem? Is it setup as a modem, or as a router?

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

+ Reply to Thread