Send/receive email. Can't browse - Wireless

This is a discussion on Send/receive email. Can't browse - Wireless ; would appear in the ipconfig is not getting a dhcp server address. user believes clicked on something that said yes from mayber norton or the xp firewall and then couldn't browse. not sure connected. thought winsocks but might be something ...

  1. Send/receive email. Can't browse

    would appear in the ipconfig is not getting a dhcp server address. user
    believes clicked on something that said yes from mayber norton or the xp
    firewall and then couldn't browse. not sure connected. thought winsocks but
    might be something much simpler. any ideas? thanks.

  2. Re: Send/receive email. Can't browse

    Hi
    There is no relevant info in the post that can help in solving the problem.
    What type of connection what type of computer which OS?
    In general if you need to debug network/Internet connection this might help,
    http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Mademgra" wrote in message
    > would appear in the ipconfig is not getting a dhcp server address. user
    > believes clicked on something that said yes from mayber norton or the xp
    > firewall and then couldn't browse. not sure connected. thought winsocks
    > but
    > might be something much simpler. any ideas? thanks.

  3. Re: Send/receive email. Can't browse

    Hi,

    Guess I didn't although tried to post in appropriate area XP wireless
    networking its a dell laptop of some sort friends machine. Being unfamiliar
    with wireless networking tired standard fixes for xp hooked direct to a cable
    connection didn't work either so thought I'd ask here.

    Thanks. Renate

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > There is no relevant info in the post that can help in solving the problem.
    > What type of connection what type of computer which OS?
    > In general if you need to debug network/Internet connection this might help,
    > http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Mademgra" wrote in message
    > > would appear in the ipconfig is not getting a dhcp server address. user
    > > believes clicked on something that said yes from mayber norton or the xp
    > > firewall and then couldn't browse. not sure connected. thought winsocks
    > > but
    > > might be something much simpler. any ideas? thanks.

+ Reply to Thread