RE: Configure Wireless Network for File sharing and printing - Wireless

This is a discussion on RE: Configure Wireless Network for File sharing and printing - Wireless ; "shaoen01" wrote: > Hi, > > I have read quite a few posts but not really sure what to do. I am really > new to wireless networking and appreciate if you guys can be patient with me. > Currently, ...

  1. RE: Configure Wireless Network for File sharing and printing

    "shaoen01" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have read quite a few posts but not really sure what to do. I am really
    > new to wireless networking and appreciate if you guys can be patient with me.
    > Currently, I have a desktop connected to the router that connects to the
    > internet. I also have a labtop that connects to the router using a wireless
    > card. Both computers are able to connect to the web successfully.
    >
    > Both my labtop and desktop are using Zonealarm, Norton Antivirus 2005 and
    > the Os are Win XP Pro. I am trying to allow both my desktop and labtop to
    > retrieve or write information to each other's hard disk. Sometimes i would
    > like to get certain information from my desktop and find it a hassle to use a
    > thumb drive to transfer data back and forth.
    >
    > Can anyone help me to configure and allow file sharing and printing between
    > my 2 computers? Thanks

  2. Re: Configure Wireless Network for File sharing and printing

    This how to may help,

    How to enable windows sharingHow to enable Windows sharing. One of the reasons to create a workgroup or domain network is for all computers on the network to access the network ...
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/Netwo...lesharing0.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "maxmalaw" wrote in message news:C9AE97D8-0B82-4EB2-985C-D6B75EA76F9B@microsoft.com...

    "shaoen01" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have read quite a few posts but not really sure what to do. I am really
    > new to wireless networking and appreciate if you guys can be patient with me.
    > Currently, I have a desktop connected to the router that connects to the
    > internet. I also have a labtop that connects to the router using a wireless
    > card. Both computers are able to connect to the web successfully.
    >
    > Both my labtop and desktop are using Zonealarm, Norton Antivirus 2005 and
    > the Os are Win XP Pro. I am trying to allow both my desktop and labtop to
    > retrieve or write information to each other's hard disk. Sometimes i would
    > like to get certain information from my desktop and find it a hassle to use a
    > thumb drive to transfer data back and forth.
    >
    > Can anyone help me to configure and allow file sharing and printing between
    > my 2 computers? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread