Cann't Esteblish Home Wireless Network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Cann't Esteblish Home Wireless Network - Wireless ; Hi I have two Lap Tops. Sony Vaio with xp and Acer wit vista. Both are connected to internet via BT Home HUB. Can I access one hard disk from other computer? I have tried to setup home network through ...

  1. Cann't Esteblish Home Wireless Network

    Hi

    I have two Lap Tops. Sony Vaio with xp and Acer wit vista. Both are
    connected to internet via BT Home HUB. Can I access one hard disk from other
    computer? I have tried to setup home network through wizard through flash
    drive. Vista accepts the wizards but xp generates error code 871122. I have
    tried to resolve the problem by reading article 871122 on Microsoft.com under
    Microsoft Knowledge Base by following the steps but failed. Could any one
    help me?

    Thanks
    --
    Sajid

  2. Re: Cann't Esteblish Home Wireless Network

    Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Abdur Rahim Sajid" wrote in
    message news:C0FB1783-AD3E-4CC4-82A2-84F2B507C32A@microsoft.com...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have two Lap Tops. Sony Vaio with xp and Acer wit vista. Both are
    > connected to internet via BT Home HUB. Can I access one hard disk from
    > other
    > computer? I have tried to setup home network through wizard through flash
    > drive. Vista accepts the wizards but xp generates error code 871122. I
    > have
    > tried to resolve the problem by reading article 871122 on Microsoft.com
    > under
    > Microsoft Knowledge Base by following the steps but failed. Could any one
    > help me?
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Sajid