Configure wireless for connect before user logon in WXPSP2 - Wireless

This is a discussion on Configure wireless for connect before user logon in WXPSP2 - Wireless ; Hi, I configure, in a Windows XP SP2 within a domain, a intel pro wireless 3945abg, with Wireless Zero Configuration for windows XP service (uninstalling the program Intel Pro Wireless). My problem is often the connection lost, and this connection ...

  1. Configure wireless for connect before user logon in WXPSP2

    Hi,
    I configure, in a Windows XP SP2 within a domain, a intel pro wireless
    3945abg, with Wireless Zero Configuration for windows XP service
    (uninstalling the program Intel Pro Wireless).
    My problem is often the connection lost, and this connection not
    connect before user logon.
    I have ping to computer, and when the computer initiate, four pings
    are correct, and next pings are incorrects before the user loggin the
    computer.

    I can help, please...
    I use a access point Cisco Aironer 1100 series, with open
    authenticacion WEP of 40bits.

    Thanks.
    Angel Moreno.
    Castellón, Spain.

  2. Re: Configure wireless for connect before user logon in WXPSP2

    Why would you want to connect before you log on?

    If we leave our wireless adapter on, it interferes with the log in, by
    hogging a lot of the processor before the services are all loaded. Waiting
    till after the services are loaded, before turning on the adapter gets a
    connection quickly and smoothly.

    Mind you: perhaps that has answered my first question: maybe we too have
    your problem and out connection should be established before we get to the
    log on: but then as one of the services is the connection manager this does
    not seem likely...

    "angelmoreno27" wrote in message
    news:1179934415.138788.228370@q69g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
    Hi,
    I configure, in a Windows XP SP2 within a domain, a intel pro wireless
    3945abg, with Wireless Zero Configuration for windows XP service
    (uninstalling the program Intel Pro Wireless).
    My problem is often the connection lost, and this connection not
    connect before user logon.
    I have ping to computer, and when the computer initiate, four pings
    are correct, and next pings are incorrects before the user loggin the
    computer.

    I can help, please...
    I use a access point Cisco Aironer 1100 series, with open
    authenticacion WEP of 40bits.

    Thanks.
    Angel Moreno.
    Castellón, Spain.