Networked Printer Fails - Wireless

This is a discussion on Networked Printer Fails - Wireless ; I have used a HP2280 Businessjet with an integrated HP JetDirect 615n server card for some time. The printer connects to the network through a 3com Office Connect ADSL Wireless Router. The printer server has recently failed to connect, in ...

  1. Networked Printer Fails

    I have used a HP2280 Businessjet with an integrated HP JetDirect 615n server
    card for some time. The printer connects to the network through a 3com
    Office Connect ADSL Wireless Router.

    The printer server has recently failed to connect, in fact the two LED
    lights on the serrver no longer illuminate and when I run a 'configuration
    print out' on the printer the print server is not identified. Everything
    points to the Jet Direct Card having failed.

    I have removed the card and reseated it and turned the printer off for a
    period and restarted all without success. Can anyone think of anything else
    I should do before trying to pickup a 'reasonable' replacement card?

  2. Re: Networked Printer Fails

    To answer my own question, I have received a response from HP Service Group
    (US) who advised to do a 'cold reset' by powering down, holding down the
    Resume and Item push buttons and powerring up. This resurected the card and
    networking is restored. What I find difficult to understand that in the
    considerable documentation I have on this printer I can find no reference to
    'cold reset'. Perhaps it is there but I can't find it!

    As an aside, I emailed both the HP US Service Group and the HP UK Group. I
    received a personal reply from the US, with the advice I needed within 2
    hours. The UK Group sent out an automated reply promising feedback within
    48 hours. I am still waiting!

    Incidentally. the US Group acknowledged that there have been problems with
    the DirectJet 615n print server and a 'free' replacement for the card is
    available for US customers with printers under warranty although I
    understand that they are also replacing cards for customers with printers
    outside warranty. I wonder whether this 'courtesy' extends to UK customers
    :-)! I'm not holding my breath!.

    "Edward W. Thompson" wrote in message
    >I have used a HP2280 Businessjet with an integrated HP JetDirect 615n
    >server card for some time. The printer connects to the network through a
    >3com Office Connect ADSL Wireless Router.
    >
    > The printer server has recently failed to connect, in fact the two LED
    > lights on the serrver no longer illuminate and when I run a 'configuration
    > print out' on the printer the print server is not identified. Everything
    > points to the Jet Direct Card having failed.
    >
    > I have removed the card and reseated it and turned the printer off for a
    > period and restarted all without success. Can anyone think of anything
    > else I should do before trying to pickup a 'reasonable' replacement card?

+ Reply to Thread