Wireless Problem - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Problem - Wireless ; last week, me and my friend where playing with are laptops. We connected to a wireless network that was BG and my wifi card is B/G. First I was connected then when I try to connect again, windows tells me ...

  1. Wireless Problem

    last week, me and my friend where playing with are laptops.
    We connected to a wireless network that was BG and my wifi card is B/G.
    First I was connected then when I try to connect again, windows tells me
    that my card does not support it when I was just connected to it.
    My friends wifi card is also B/G.
    please help.
    P.S. I got Vista Home Premium

  2. Re: Wireless Problem

    Make sure your wireless is compatible with Vista. Or this troubleshooting may help,

    Vista Wireless IssuesVista: Common Problems with 802.11 Wireless ... Inability to Connect and the wireless doesn't receive the single. 1) It could be the Wireless adapter driver ...
    http://www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistawireless.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Amrykid" wrote in message news:0ED825D1-35F6-466D-8799-F373863B6858@microsoft.com...

    last week, me and my friend where playing with are laptops.
    We connected to a wireless network that was BG and my wifi card is B/G.
    First I was connected then when I try to connect again, windows tells me
    that my card does not support it when I was just connected to it.
    My friends wifi card is also B/G.
    please help.
    P.S. I got Vista Home Premium

  3. Re: Wireless Problem

    Hi
    May be there was a change in the Wireless' source parameters (like security
    was added).
    Otherwise, to check your own system, the following might help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Amrykid" wrote in message

    > last week, me and my friend where playing with are laptops.
    > We connected to a wireless network that was BG and my wifi card is B/G.
    > First I was connected then when I try to connect again, windows tells me
    > that my card does not support it when I was just connected to it.
    > My friends wifi card is also B/G.
    > please help.
    > P.S. I got Vista Home Premium

  4. Re: Wireless Problem

    thanks, but the problem is that is that I was connect and my friend still
    was.
    P.S. the card is built-in and I use it a lot.

    > Hi
    > May be there was a change in the Wireless' source parameters (like
    > security was added).
    > Otherwise, to check your own system, the following might help.
    > My New Wireless does not work - http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    > Wireless, Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Amrykid" wrote in message
    >>
    >> last week, me and my friend where playing with are laptops.
    >> We connected to a wireless network that was BG and my wifi card is B/G.
    >> First I was connected then when I try to connect again, windows tells me
    >> that my card does not support it when I was just connected to it.
    >> My friends wifi card is also B/G.
    >> please help.
    >> P.S. I got Vista Home Premium

+ Reply to Thread