Bluetooth 'network cable unplugged' - Wireless

This is a discussion on Bluetooth 'network cable unplugged' - Wireless ; For some reason my laptop's bluetooth has stopped working. It used to send files happily back and forth to my phone and now it just won't. It tells me in the Network Connections window and in the start bar that ...

  1. Bluetooth 'network cable unplugged'

    For some reason my laptop's bluetooth has stopped working. It used to send
    files happily back and forth to my phone and now it just won't. It tells me
    in the Network Connections window and in the start bar that there is a
    'network cable unplugged' but surely bluetooth being by definition a wireless
    network that's impossible... I've run all the tests and the computer says
    that the device is working properly and has the best available driver. How do
    I make it work?!

    Thanks,
    Sarah

  2. RE: Bluetooth network cable unplugged

    Hello Sarah,

    Im presenting a similar problem. I use to have a Bluetooth Network Icon (e.g. 2 little computer screens) that established connection each time I switched on my computer and suddenly I had some weird crash on my computer that obliged me to reset (30-something applications just opened up by themselves and were not respondent). After the reset, that BT Network Icon was X-ed with a "network cable unplugged" message.

    I used BT to do the wireless HotSyncs of my Palm but now I am unable to do that. My drivers are also working properly (according to Windows XP). By the way, yesterday it seems I had a some kind of a major automatic upgrade for the OS, since it even made me reset my machine and completely disordered my desktop icons.

    Any familiarity with this?

    Hope someone helps...

    Thanks,

    Roberto.

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

  3. RE: Bluetooth network cable unplugged

    Oh! Although I hadn't made the connection at the time, the same things
    happened to me, and that must have been the point at which my bluetooth
    stopped working. Does anybody recognise these symptoms or know how to fix
    them? Please help! The automatic upgrades which I don't want seem to do
    irritating bad things to my computer too, they happen all the time, and the
    most recent result of this is that my internet explorer takes ages to connect
    to the homepage where it used to go straight there...

    Sarah

    "Roberto" wrote:

    > Hello Sarah,
    >
    > I´m presenting a similar problem. I use to have a Bluetooth Network Icon (e.g. 2 little computer screens) that established connection each time I switched on my computer and suddenly I had some weird crash on my computer that obliged me to reset (30-something applications just opened up by themselves and were not respondent). After the reset, that BT Network Icon was X-ed with a "network cable unplugged" message.
    >
    > I used BT to do the wireless HotSyncs of my Palm but now I am unable to do that. My drivers are also working properly (according to Windows XP). By the way, yesterday it seems I had a some kind of a major automatic upgrade for the OS, since it even made me reset my machine and completely disordered my desktop icons.
    >
    > Any familiarity with this?
    >
    > Hope someone helps...
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Roberto.