Can't connect (difficulty acquiring network address) - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can't connect (difficulty acquiring network address) - Wireless ; Hello all, sometimes when I turn on my laptop (compaq presario) I have problem to connect to (wireless) router, when I go to my network places I see that connection is acquiring network address and it's stuck there. However when ...

  1. Can't connect (difficulty acquiring network address)

    Hello all, sometimes when I turn on my laptop (compaq presario) I have
    problem to connect to (wireless) router, when I go to my network places I see
    that connection is acquiring network address and it's stuck there. However
    when I right click on the connection and click on repair Windows will connect
    in few seconds. Sometimes however when I start the computer connection is
    established ok. Thanks for all replies / ideas. Note: I have stup my wireless
    connection with static IP addres as I have a port forwarded on the router).
    It seems to me that when I change it to dynamic IP address the problem goes
    away. Could this it be?

  2. Re: Can't connect (difficulty acquiring network address)

    Hi
    Make sure that your static IP is not in the range of the Router's DHCP.
    Or switch off the DHCP in the Router if you are not using it.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Shimsho" wrote in message
    > Hello all, sometimes when I turn on my laptop (compaq presario) I have
    > problem to connect to (wireless) router, when I go to my network places I
    > see
    > that connection is acquiring network address and it's stuck there. However
    > when I right click on the connection and click on repair Windows will
    > connect
    > in few seconds. Sometimes however when I start the computer connection is
    > established ok. Thanks for all replies / ideas. Note: I have stup my
    > wireless
    > connection with static IP addres as I have a port forwarded on the
    > router).
    > It seems to me that when I change it to dynamic IP address the problem
    > goes
    > away. Could this it be?

  3. Re: Can't connect (difficulty acquiring network address)

    What if i'm sharing the router with my son and he is using dynamic and me
    using static?, guess I can' disable it, correct?

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Make sure that your static IP is not in the range of the Router's DHCP.
    > Or switch off the DHCP in the Router if you are not using it.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Shimsho" wrote in message
    > > Hello all, sometimes when I turn on my laptop (compaq presario) I have
    > > problem to connect to (wireless) router, when I go to my network places I
    > > see
    > > that connection is acquiring network address and it's stuck there. However
    > > when I right click on the connection and click on repair Windows will
    > > connect
    > > in few seconds. Sometimes however when I start the computer connection is
    > > established ok. Thanks for all replies / ideas. Note: I have stup my
    > > wireless
    > > connection with static IP addres as I have a port forwarded on the
    > > router).
    > > It seems to me that when I change it to dynamic IP address the problem
    > > goes
    > > away. Could this it be?

  4. Re: Can't connect (difficulty acquiring network address)

    Hi
    You can use static IP as long as it not within the dynamic range.
    E.g., if the Router is set to provide dynamic IP from 192.168.1.1 to
    192.168.1.50 you have to use a static IP that is above 192.168.1.50
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Shimsho" wrote in message
    > What if i'm sharing the router with my son and he is using dynamic and me
    > using static?, guess I can' disable it, correct?
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Make sure that your static IP is not in the range of the Router's DHCP.
    >> Or switch off the DHCP in the Router if you are not using it.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Shimsho" wrote in message
    >> > Hello all, sometimes when I turn on my laptop (compaq presario) I have
    >> > problem to connect to (wireless) router, when I go to my network places
    >> > see
    >> > that connection is acquiring network address and it's stuck there.
    >> > However
    >> > when I right click on the connection and click on repair Windows will
    >> > connect
    >> > in few seconds. Sometimes however when I start the computer connection
    >> > is
    >> > established ok. Thanks for all replies / ideas. Note: I have stup my
    >> > wireless
    >> > connection with static IP addres as I have a port forwarded on the
    >> > router).
    >> > It seems to me that when I change it to dynamic IP address the problem
    >> > goes
    >> > away. Could this it be?

  5. Re: Can't connect (difficulty acquiring network address)

    Got it, thank you

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > You can use static IP as long as it not within the dynamic range.
    > E.g., if the Router is set to provide dynamic IP from 192.168.1.1 to
    > 192.168.1.50 you have to use a static IP that is above 192.168.1.50
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Shimsho" wrote in message
    > > What if i'm sharing the router with my son and he is using dynamic and me
    > > using static?, guess I can' disable it, correct?
    > >
    > > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi
    > >> Make sure that your static IP is not in the range of the Router's DHCP.
    > >> Or switch off the DHCP in the Router if you are not using it.
    > >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >>
    > >> "Shimsho" wrote in message

+ Reply to Thread