Mapped Drives not accessible out of standby - Wireless

This is a discussion on Mapped Drives not accessible out of standby - Wireless ; When coming out of standby the networked drives and printers are inaccessbile, the only way to access them is to reboot. Any thoughts?...

  1. Mapped Drives not accessible out of standby

    When coming out of standby the networked drives and printers are
    inaccessbile, the only way to access them is to reboot. Any thoughts?

  2. Re: Mapped Drives not accessible out of standby

    Hi
    Make sure that the Network Card is not set to Power Save. (usually an entry
    in the Card's properties). http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
    Look at Windows (or any other propriety) Standby settings and get any
    Network's component out of the Power Saving/Standby scheme.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Chris" wrote in message
    > When coming out of standby the networked drives and printers are
    > inaccessbile, the only way to access them is to reboot. Any thoughts?

  3. Re: Mapped Drives not accessible out of standby

    Power settings on adapter are disabled, and I saw nothing in the Standby
    settings involving networking (I'm only using Windows for power schemes and
    standby). Am I missing something else? Does it make a difference that it's
    over wireless? Seems like such an inconvenience I can't imagine it's supposed
    to behave like this.

    Thank you for your help!

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Make sure that the Network Card is not set to Power Save. (usually an entry
    > in the Card's properties). http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
    > Look at Windows (or any other propriety) Standby settings and get any
    > Network's component out of the Power Saving/Standby scheme.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Chris" wrote in message
    > > When coming out of standby the networked drives and printers are
    > > inaccessbile, the only way to access them is to reboot. Any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread