aol cable dsl modem and wireless router - Wireless

This is a discussion on aol cable dsl modem and wireless router - Wireless ; i cant get my wireless router to connect to the net, we have a cable dsl modem with aol, and everything seems ok, but just can not connect to the web through the wireless router, the only thing i can ...

  1. aol cable dsl modem and wireless router

    i cant get my wireless router to connect to the net, we have a cable dsl
    modem with aol, and everything seems ok, but just can not connect to the web
    through the wireless router, the only thing i can see is when i go run, cmd,
    then get the info up for router and modem its says on the aol modem bit DHCP
    not enabled, but when i go into network settings and click on the aol modem
    everything is auto enabled, (ip add and dns)
    we have tried everything, the phone help lines are useless
    we have windows xp home, broadband aol
    the wireless router is a belkin, aol said any router will work.
    we only want to connect our nintendo ds wifi!!!!!
    any help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WE ARE TEARING OUR HAIR OUT WITH THIS!!!!

  2. Re: aol cable dsl modem and wireless router

    Hi
    What the Name and Model number of the DSL Modem is? It might be a
    Modem/Router combo and you are trying to connect a second Router to an
    existing Router. If it is so you need to connect the Belkin as an Access
    Point.
    Wireless Router as an AP - http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "mik27rc1" wrote in message
    >i cant get my wireless router to connect to the net, we have a cable dsl
    > modem with aol, and everything seems ok, but just can not connect to the
    > web
    > through the wireless router, the only thing i can see is when i go run,
    > cmd,
    > then get the info up for router and modem its says on the aol modem bit
    > DHCP
    > not enabled, but when i go into network settings and click on the aol
    > modem
    > everything is auto enabled, (ip add and dns)
    > we have tried everything, the phone help lines are useless
    > we have windows xp home, broadband aol
    > the wireless router is a belkin, aol said any router will work.
    > we only want to connect our nintendo ds wifi!!!!!
    > any help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > WE ARE TEARING OUR HAIR OUT WITH THIS!!!!

  3. Re: aol cable dsl modem and wireless router

    hi, just been told by aol that we cant have a wireless router when we are on
    virgin media!!!!
    so we canot go wireless untill we switch to bt........bloody graet!
    thanks for your help

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > What the Name and Model number of the DSL Modem is? It might be a
    > Modem/Router combo and you are trying to connect a second Router to an
    > existing Router. If it is so you need to connect the Belkin as an Access
    > Point.
    > Wireless Router as an AP - http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "mik27rc1" wrote in message
    > >i cant get my wireless router to connect to the net, we have a cable dsl
    > > modem with aol, and everything seems ok, but just can not connect to the
    > > web
    > > through the wireless router, the only thing i can see is when i go run,
    > > cmd,
    > > then get the info up for router and modem its says on the aol modem bit
    > > DHCP
    > > not enabled, but when i go into network settings and click on the aol
    > > modem
    > > everything is auto enabled, (ip add and dns)
    > > we have tried everything, the phone help lines are useless
    > > we have windows xp home, broadband aol
    > > the wireless router is a belkin, aol said any router will work.
    > > we only want to connect our nintendo ds wifi!!!!!
    > > any help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > > WE ARE TEARING OUR HAIR OUT WITH THIS!!!!

  4. Re: aol cable dsl modem and wireless router

    mik27rc1 wrote:
    > hi, just been told by aol that we cant have a wireless router when we are on
    > virgin media!!!!
    > so we canot go wireless untill we switch to bt........bloody graet!
    > thanks for your help
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> What the Name and Model number of the DSL Modem is? It might be a
    >> Modem/Router combo and you are trying to connect a second Router to an
    >> existing Router. If it is so you need to connect the Belkin as an Access
    >> Point.
    >> Wireless Router as an AP - http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "mik27rc1" wrote in message
    >>> i cant get my wireless router to connect to the net, we have a cable dsl
    >>> modem with aol, and everything seems ok, but just can not connect to the
    >>> web
    >>> through the wireless router, the only thing i can see is when i go run,
    >>> cmd,
    >>> then get the info up for router and modem its says on the aol modem bit
    >>> DHCP
    >>> not enabled, but when i go into network settings and click on the aol
    >>> modem
    >>> everything is auto enabled, (ip add and dns)
    >>> we have tried everything, the phone help lines are useless
    >>> we have windows xp home, broadband aol
    >>> the wireless router is a belkin, aol said any router will work.
    >>> we only want to connect our nintendo ds wifi!!!!!
    >>> any help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>> WE ARE TEARING OUR HAIR OUT WITH THIS!!!!

    Granted that AOL does things in non-standard ways, sometimes limiting
    you more than you would be with non-AOL ISPs, but nevertheless, if you
    post the make/model of your DSL modem and your Belkin router, describe
    how things are physically connected now (when things work), and explain
    exactly what it is you want to accomplish, you may be able to do it
    regardless of what AOL says. And what do you mean by being "on virgin
    media"?

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking